or Connect

Posts by Ecobabyz

Hello fellow mommies!    I am a 27 year old mommy to one two year old girl. I have been reading Mothering for two years, my first subscription was the best baby shower gift ever! I have also been blogging for two years on attachment parenting/green living. I had my daughter at the hospital naturally, drug-free. I am hoping for a water birth with the next baby (not pregnant yet).   We cloth diaper, do not vaccinate, try to eat organic as much as we can afford, are...
I've been blogging steadily for two years and yes, it is hard work, and no - it will not make you a substantial income. The amount of money I make from my blog each year can't even cover one of our heating bills. Though I have received great products for my daughter that we would have to buy otherwise (car seat, stroller, etc), it still isn't a big payout for the investment. Though I only spend about 5 hours a week on it. If I did do it full time, worked on my SEO, etc,...
Great responses from other moms here! I certainly know how you feel. I only have one toddler, but when my husband comes home after midnight from a second shift, physical job - I'm all over him just to have some conversation. He's obviously too tired. Sometimes we don't even have any meaningful conversations for 24 hour cycles. So yes, that does make me go nuts. I am lucky to have my relatives living here and lots of friends with babies. Though nobody is close, at least I...
Bisou, if your son is 5 1/2, I'm sure he understands a lot. Maybe a good way to repair things is to explain it to him, it works with my 2 year old. Something along the lines of "[name of child], I am sorry mommy yelled at you. I was upset because ____, it can be hard for me to control myself sometimes. Will you please forgive me? I don't want to yell at you because I love you.... etc..." Ultimately, he will only be more aggressive the more aggression he sees from you and...
I forgot to mention that you can always do online 'public' school, it is completely free and it looks like it would take a lot of weight of the shoulders for you. You would still have the freedom to 'do school' whenever you need to, but you'll have teachers that work with you virtually and the curriculum is all set. I think that's what I would do if I was in your place, with that many kids. Best of all, it is free! Here is where I found it if you're in...
I am reading a book right now called The Well-Adjusted Child: The Social Benefits of Homeschooling by Rachel Gathercole. It answers most of your questions and then some, I would highly recommend it (available at most public libraries). I encourage you to continue homeschooling hard as it may be. I think once the kids are older it will get easier and you'll be happy with your choice. Remember that you really don't need to do 'school at home'. A child that young really...
Thanks for sharing all your stories mamas! It's great to see we're not alone. I struggle with this often as well and it is a daily battle to curb the rage and parent gently. I noticed how when I yell at my toddler, she starts copying me - NOT something any mother wants to provoke I am sure. I am working on self-control daily because ultimately where else is my child going to learn self-control if not from me? If I ever do snap at her I tell her I'm sorry and kiss her,...