or Connect

Posts by beenmum

Deleted b/c I dont like the idea that this thread is on Facebook.   (if they meant there is a similar thread on facebook right now, then I am sorry I deleted)
My mum hates my MIL. She is so incredibly jealous she will actually start to cry and get all snarky when my DD talks about her Gramma.   My MIL listens to my DD. Does things with her. She puts my DD first.   My mum expects my kids to entertain her, have no needs that need to be met and basically make my mum their sole focus of attention.   Example: My mum bought a few baby toys b/c I had said that we were talking about having another baby. My  mum wanted to...
We are still waitng for the right time to have baby #5 b/c we have 2 special needs kids. My youngest is 7. We will probably wait at least another year.   Is there a reason why you want them 2 years apart? ow about 3 or 4 years apart?   When my DD was a infant I wanted to have another one 18 months later. I was sure that would be ideal.   Well, my DD didnt walk until she was 2.5 and my son was a premie. So they werent 18 months apart like I planned. And...
Oh I forgot. When you asked her if she went outside to play and she said yes....kids dont really understand the concpet of time. She may have gone out yesterday, so t her the answer was yes she played outside.   I think if you lower your expectations of her a bit you will find she is right on target.   Its perfectly fine to speak to her as if she is a child. She is a child.
She sounds pretty typical to me honestly. But I had a 4 year old who didnt speak more then 1 to 2 word sentences. and never to anyone else but me. In preschool she stood in the cornor all day and never spoke.   Asking her to answer with yes or no instead of the one word she wanted really isnt developmentally appropriate.   Having senetnces that say "Put bow in hair" instead of "Can you put this bow in my hair" is 100% age appropriate.   Pronouns dont become...
If CAS comes knocking, do not stop them from comming in. Seriosuly, these people have the right to remove your child. I know some people say "Its my house, they cant just come in w/o a warrent."   YEs they can. And if you refuse, you will be looked at more closely then someone who opens their doors even tho their dishes arent done and the kids beds arent made.   These people dont care about that. They have been called to ensure your kids are safe. Why not allow...
I feel superior over the situation I'm in with some of my friends/family because I have 17months more experience in gentle parenting over others who have none or next to none    This is where you are making the mistakes and getting judged. Your creating your own downfall by even thinking that you have any superiority in parenting.   You may end up eating crow. Remember that 17 months with a healthy, able bodied child is not exactly the wealth of expereince that...
That is wonderful that he was dx'd.
My DD is like this. What helped the most was getting her AFO's. She no longer had to sensory seek as much with themon. They give her enough priopreceptional info that she doesnt need to climb.
My DD did gymnastics, but floor only. She did a bit of work on the equipment, but then she lost more vision and it ended up scaring her too much. So we pulled her out and did dance and rhythem gymnastics.   Kids with VI have trouble knowing where their body is in space. So that tends to be a hinderance on equipment.