or Connect

Posts by aim4balance

We just started our hs journey after Christmas, previously we've never done it before.  Kids are 10, 8, 5 and a 6 mo old.  Previously I was doing daycare parttime and working parttime at the kids school.  I stopped both when we started hs'ing, thinking temporarily I'll get my feet wet with hs'ing until we found a routine/rhythm, and then go back to doing daycare parttime again (was watching 2 kids 2 days/week).  Right now, I am SO glad I stopped working, and my advice...
I just watched it, using this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3TjokVU4
Watched the documentary on youtube.  I thought it was excellent.
GISdiva, I had a huge cry fest 3 hrs before labor started for me (and my midwife confirmed that she feels the two are related) so fingers crossed for you :)   Crunchy wondering if your baby is born now??  Good luck!
auvetmom thanks for the explanation.  that sounds amazing and really empowering!
Congrats to everyone and their new babies!!!!     Can someone explain to me what the term "supporting my own perineum" means?  Just curious, thanks!
Actually, yes it would have been helpful, to me anyway.  I wonder what other moms would think since that is a tricky situation, maybe if its more likely to be not a first time birth than chances are even greater for a quicker delivery when real labor arrives?  For me, anything at that point to help describe what I was going through would end up helping things in the end, b/c I felt like the midwives thought I may be making the prodromal labor up (even though they NEVER...
ladykelacy, I had productive prodromal labor too and went a week and a day overdue.  I was up 4 times in the middle of the night in the 2 weeks leading up to Birth Day, having over an hour of timeable contractions only to have it all stop.  It was so emotionally and physically draining so I feel for you!!  My midwife was convinced that baby was just a tad off in her position, but honestly who knows why I had so many start and stops.  I did the following so maybe one of...
For 3 weeks leading up to Birth Day I had had prodromal labor, enough to keep me up at night, sometimes timing contractions as close as 5-10 min apart.  They would always fizzle out after about 90 minutes though.  I cleaned my kitchen a half dozen times during the middle of the night those weeks!  I had never had prodromal labor nor have I ever gone past due, so facing it for the first time I wore myself out physically and emotionally.  It all came to a head when I was...
emily11megan, you are so right about prodromal labor.  I wish they gave it a name that didn't indicate whats going on is "false"--I labored for a few hours in the night each time and I knew my body was working and I was dialating.  I'll have no idea how much I dialated beforehand b/c when I showed up at the birth center it was full on labor so the mw didn't even bother to check me.     EA77--labor was easy!!  I am not even exaggerating.  Labor was so easy this time....