or Connect

Posts by aim4balance

Wow congrats skycheat and stormikris!!!!!!!  Wonderful news!!!!! I love both baby names, Callista and Donovan.  What big healthy babies you both delivered.  So happy for you both!!!!!!!!
I have not tried the breech tilt, b/c at last week's appt mw said baby had turned head down and seemed well-locked in to place (at 37.5 weeks pg).  My next appt is today (38.5) but I'm nervous b/c I swear she has had a few big movements again.  My mw doesn't seem worried though.     I have been getting on hands and knees at night for a bit; continuing chiro 2x/week; and walking a ton to encourage gravity to keep her head down as well as engage her really well.  I...
runaddict--you look awesome and love your dress!
Darn full moon...it served to get my body really warmed up for labor...only to then stop.  I am 38 weeks and not pushing to have baby ASAP or anything, but when it seems like its starting it is extremely frustrating when it totally stops.  The BH/early contractions I was having all day/evening were intense though which also served to remind me of how sobering, all-consuming, and tiring!, real labor is.  Which then also makes me less excited for Birth Day!!!  What a...
Congrats mamas!!!!!!  What beautiful babies you have!!!
Where I am, full moon is here at 215 pm...thats only 2 hrs away and I'm not deep in labor so I'm guessing our baby won't be a full moon baby!  I have been having lots of BH and early labor signs, but nothing consistent or major.     skycheat, holding out hope for you today--hope you're napping haha ;)
Edelweiss fingers crossed for you that you make it to your appt on Thurs.  Don't forget due dates/your weeks pregnant are still just estimates...from a gestational standpoint your babies may be a little further along than you know.  I second taking long baths and a little wine.  
I am "that" mom too.   I know I have annoyed most of my hs/unschool friends--more than once I have decided to hs and by mid-Aug, ended up putting my kids in school.  It it singularly the hardest decision that I cannot make...I am so, so, so torn by school vs homeschool.     I LOVED school growing up.  I am totally raising my kids differently than I was raised--for the better--but my home life was not my world, school was.  I was raised in a big family and very...
Yoma, how are you today??  My mw said if I was being woken up at night with pain in my back from braxton hicks, baby was probably sunny side up.  Do you know that about your baby?     Ea77 and Edelweiss my midwife keeps warning me she sees tons of 4th babies born to mamas later than usual (meaning, later than they usually have babies)--I've always gone what I call "on time", in the 39th week.  I have 2 friends with 5 kids and not only were both their 5th babies...
LOL skycheat!!  I think it makes the end a little more fun anyway.  Its sort of ridiculous having such a big belly during sex and we kid around that its not super sexy or anything but just laughing and relaxing (and having an "O"--don't forget that!!!!) when faced with other options like castor oil is WAY more enjoyable to bring labor on IMO.  I like that it takes us back to being silly like teenagers again.     UGH oral ingestion...I would do it as a last resort but...