or Connect

Posts by windymama

We're blessed with generous family, friends and neighbours who have given my kids plenty of clothes, primarily hand-me downs.  Now we're swimming in clothes.  I was wondering what would be a reasonable amount of clothes to keep?  I was thinking a week's worth as we only do laundry once a week (we're in an apartment so it's easiest) but I was wondering how everyone else handles kid clothes.  Currently DD1 has about 20+ shirts and I know she doesn't need that many!
I know, it's sort of early (but not really since stores have been in full swing for a month) for Christmas but I want to get things done soon.   We live in a small apt and I'm not entirely sure I want to do a Christmas tree.  Last year we didn't do a tree, no time or room and the kids were too young to care. This year DS has been asking about one.  We normally get a real tree but since we're likely spending Christmas with extended family I don't want it to sit...
The kids are SO CUTE!!! DD2 has her 1st tooth!   I noticed it poking through this morning.  I know I'll miss the toothless grin but am glad that they're coming in with fairly little fuss.   Mandy - Where is Abby for her height/head circumfrence?  Is she making gains there?  Weght can be off for lots of reasons and sometimes it's better to view all 3 measurements.  FWIW my DD1 never really took more than 4 oz from a bottle at a feed either of BM or formula.
DD2 is 6 months old on Tuesday!  I cannot believe how fast it's gone this time.   DD2 isn't crawling yet but she's mobile.  If I lay her on her tummy on the floor she'll do a 360 over the course of a couple minutes as well as push up really high on to her chest.  Considering that my older two were much older when they started to crawl it's incredibly exciting to see her go at her own (fast) pace.  We're also working on sitting up too, she's able to keep herself up...
2 kids in my lap = double post.  sorry.
pattimomma - we'll be charting soon.  I've to reread TCYOF.  With my other two AF didn't return til 8 or 9 months and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's like that again.   mamapigeon - haven't had time to make any new mama friends :-(.  I've a few from the other kids but no one with a new baby and hardly any with 3 kids like me.  I've gone to LLL a couple times but I've always had something else come up for a meeting time.   DD2 likes her exersaucer.  It's...
We planted DD2's placenta this past weekend under a fruit tree at MILs.  Anyone else plant the placenta?  It was the 1st time we did it with one of the kids (DS and DD1 were hospital births).  I can't wait to watch the tree grow.   Finally got around to trying a bottle on DD2.  I went out for dinner with some girlfriends and MIL gave DD2 her bottle.  Am glad that she'll take one - I've a course coming up and I need her to take it so I can go to it.   Blanca - DD2...
From what I remeber from the the TDSB site I think your child is allowed to attend any high school but may have to apply if he's out of the catchement area.  My son's starting JK so we've plenty of time but I did do some research.  I'm not sure about our local high school but I know we're super close to another really, really great high school.   Have you looked at the Catholic high school?  Their high schools are open to all people, no proof of religion needed.  The...
  I have 3 kids under 5 and live in an apartment.   I want to let you in on a little secret - all those moms who look like they have it together?  Chances are they don't, at least some of the time.   I've been called one of those moms by another mom becasue I managed to get all 3 kids out to the drop-in that we go to and they're all content.  I felt a little guilty for bursting her bubble but I told her about how everything usually goes downhill after we leave and one or...
The baby aka DD2 is 4 months old tomorrow! I simply cannot believe how time has just flown.  I am very grateful that she's a mellow, relaxed baby - so unlike her older siblings.  She's begun to coo and laugh and loves being on her playmat provided that DS and DD1 don't tackle her.  She's rolled from her back to her front a couple of times too.   I'm a lot more confident with DD2.  I know her personality and cues pretty well and make things work with her and the other...