or Connect

Posts by jenniro

There is no reason for me to succeed at a VBA2C.  I fractured my pelvis as a teenager, non-displaced and healed well.  My first labor was 19 hours, I dilated to 9, but never felt the urge to push.  My second labor was 13 hours, my water broke and contractions did not start.   I was dilated to 4 cm when I was admitted and was still a 4 when I had the c-section 7 hours later.  So, I have had c-sections for CPD and FTP with a history of pelvic injury.  Sounds like I should...
My personal choice, as a result of 2 tol that ended in c-section, is I would not induce and I would not do a RCS.  I would have NST and bio profiles after 42 weeks to make sure babe is doing fine, but other than that, I would wait it out.  I will only consent to a c-section or induction for medically necessary reasons.  My body does not respond well to induction, of any kind, natural or otherwise, so I have learned my lesson the hard way.  We will be TTC this summer and...
Maybe your next appt will be better, but I think you should listen to your intuition.  Put your OB on the spot, ask him/her exactly what you need to make sure they support you.   You should be able to trust your provider.  If it doesn't feel like it's going to work out, it is never too late to switch providers.  I know of women switching providers at 39-40 weeks b/c their docs were pulling bait and switches, one switched providers and gave birth the next day!
Kmom has a lot of great info, as pp said, http://plus-size-pregnancy.org/CSANDVBAC/NewestVBAMCresearch.htm#VBAMC Research Since The 2004 Guidelines   I also found this study published in 2009 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02351.x/abstract  It is a meta-analysis and all the studies the authors use are in the body of the article.  There is a study, Caughey 1999, 134 TOL after 2 c-sections with a rupture rate of 3.7%  But looking at the 15...
sharpmomma, I am so sorry that you went through that and have no support.  Online forums have really been a life saver for me.  NOONE gets it IRL, and I don't have an ICAN chapter in my entire state.  Your only a month out from your CBAC so things are still really raw.  I remember feeling exactly the way you did.  I had been stalled at 4 cm all night, maybe b/c the bi#&ch of a doc kept coming in to tell me I couldn't do it, so in the morning I was tired, scared, and...
You can call the office and talk to a nurse.  You can ask the nurse about the docs and how truly VBAC friendly they are, then if you feel it's somewhere you want to be, then you can make an appt.  It might be easier to take a copy of your records, from your c-section and your current prenatal, with you.  When you decide which doc you want, then give the office a copy of the records.    I know it can be difficult to trust a provider after a traumatic birth experience,...
My advice has a story, so bear with me.  I really wanted a VBAC, wanted a VBAC, but didn't educate myself or prepare myself for a VBAC, just thought it would happen.  My doc did VBACs so it would just happen, right? Just like when I told my OB I wanted a natural childbirth for my first baby, and thought that would just happen as well.  Now I've had 2 c-sections.   They have been really traumatic because I wanted to give birth so badly and was really disappointed when...
You don't have to stand up for yourself, in fact, you don't have to say anything except, "Ok, doc, thank you."  Listen to what s/he says, nod, smile, say thank you and leave as soon as possible.  You don't have to justify anything.  You've done the research, made a decision that is best for you and your family, so jump through this ridiculous hoop and continue gestating in peace.  Much love to you!
Wow! I think that is amazing.  Good for you, maybe you opened doors for other VBAC hopeful moms.
If the only goal is a breathing baby right out of the womb, then sure, elective, scheduled c-sections have the best outcomes, but when looking at the first year of life, and maybe beyond, not so much.  The study excluded women with complications in pregnancy, so they tried to limit to the method of delivery.  And what about the issue of prematurity.  Scheduled c-sections are based on an ESTIMATED due date.  There is evidence that even the last few days of pregnancy are...