or Connect

Posts by zenmumajen

Interesting thread- thanks for posting! I am thinking about it too and want to get started reading some books. Is there a particular one any of you would recommend- even for the earlier years? My son is almost 2!   HippieMama- I'm in Michigan too!!
Thanks Beebs- I have kind of rationalized it too with the fact that we have such a STRONG support system, I think it would be fine. It is just the money aspect of things. I am sorry that you don't have family close, maybe I take it a bit for granted. It's nice but isn't so awesome sometimes either because I like my space. I am mostly concerned with money because I stayed at home with my son for the first year but went back to work- but if we had another I don't want to...
I am glad to hear other people in the same position, but it's bittersweet because it is a tough spot to be in and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. We really aren't solvent- we both only work part-time (hoping he can get a full time job with benefits but I know that's hard to ask for in Michigan) and we just moved into my in-laws in an apt. above their house. Alot of people are moving in with their parents, or parents living with their adult children to save money. I try to...
Hi everyone. I am not new here but have not posted in a few months. We wanted to wait until spring/summer 2012 to have another but something is telling me lately that we should sooner. I would like to hear from some people who have decided to have more children when they were not in the best financial situation. When I say not in a good financial situation- it's not like we have outstanding debts and a mortgage to pay but it really, really could be alot better. I have...
Hi everyone. Hopefully this thread belongs here.   I would like to hear from some people who have decided to have more children when they were not in the best financial situation. When I say not in a good financial situation- it's not like we have outstanding debts and a mortgage to pay but it really, really could be alot better. I have heard somebody say before that when you have another, you adapt and make changes and that really is playing in my head now. It...
It is such a relief to me that other mammas are having the same symptoms with no AF. I have all the same symptoms you have talked about Eresh. I just went back to work almost 2 months ago and don't pump because I don't work everyday. I assumed then that AF would start...but we still nurse at night and I don't plan on night weaning anytime soon. I am trying not to complain though ...
Thanks so much to you both! I am really open to all types of homeschooling, and even unschooling. I think what is holding me back and mostly my partner is how you prepare them for college, if that is what indeed what our children decide to do. Hopefully some of these books can answer all the common questions/stereotypes. 
gitanamama: I checked out your blog, it is awesome what you are doing! I dream of traveling with my son and fiance. We talk about it all the time but just can't seem to get past how we could afford it? I suppose most people struggle with that.   My son is 14 months, and I have only attended 2 births so far but my MIL has a job where she can make her own schedule if she needs to. I completely rely on her to watch him, and of course my fiance when he isn't working. I...
Hi everyone. I could really use all the help that I can get. I can't stop thing of homeschooling as of lately. My son is only 1, but I am really interested in homeschooling and want to learn about it. We are a lower-income family so I am not even sure if families like us could even afford it. I just want to explore all my options and was wondering where you think I should start. Share with me your favorite resources. Thanks so much! =) 
So for the past few months I have definitely noticed things are different down there. Of course I know it is because my body is getting back to normal and my fertility is going to come back sooner rather than later. I guess I am wondering if anyone has experienced twinges/cramping/PMS symptoms for months upon your AF returning. I have read on Kellymom.com that there have been studies found that women have experienced this for many months upon their fertility returning....