or Connect

Posts by irismum

Nova Naturals *just* started being the distributor for Evi Dolls within the past six months, and they did not know there was PVC in them until after they began distributing.  They are attempting to find an alternate material and are hoping to change the current situation. I sell their dolls through the co-op and have only been ordering the actual dolls lately, not the smaller ones with PVC.   You can check out Georgian Wood Toys- they have some nice bendy dolls... I...
I have a very old Magic Mill in wood housing with stone grinders that I got on Ebay, no longer made, and I love it.  But if I had to go with something available on the market now, I would definitely save up and get a good one that is easy to clean, not too noisy, and not full of plastic... this would be my dream one:   http://www.harvestessentials.com/wogrmi.html?gclid=CLvqj6vftasCFUmK5god1j4qcA   But it is very expensive.  I've seen it in action at a trade show-...
      FYI... Kristie at Earthschooling asked me to create supply packages that complement her curriculum... these are available to the general public.. but other than that, we are not affiliated.  Cedar Ring Circle is a big old happy Waldorf Supply Co-op with 80 families... and eventually I will have a full fledged store, when my children are a little older and I have the time and funds to go through the process of making prototypes of wooden toys with neighboring Amish...
My friend has a lovely blog over at www.chocoeyes.blogspot.com.  She has some great tutorials on making wooden gnomes, crafty girl.   I have one too... www.cedarringmama.wordpress.com. I tend to blog about what we do outside for homeschooling, nature lover that I am... but sometimes I get philosophical and every now and then throw in updates on the Waldorf Supply Co-op I run.  We just had an incredible launch of Grade One with a scavenger hunt in the woods for hidden...
This one from the Magic Onion blog is awesome!  $100 of natural hand-crafted art supplies...   http://themagiconions.blogspot.com/2011/03/100-shopping-spree-giveaway-with-stubby.html
I've checked out the "Waldorf Steals & Deals" thread several times and thought maybe we could keep a similar thread going to share the cool giveaways, contests, and free resources that come up?    For instance, I entered a giveaway at the Living Crafts blog for some luscious dyed wool that ends tonight, and downloaded Little Acorn Learning's free week for the March afterschool guides.  And holy moly, Rhythm of the Home blog also has a dozen great giveaways right now...
There is a list in "You Are Your Child's First Teacher" by Rahima Baldwin Dancy, summarizing some recommended toys for the 1st & 2nd year (please don't view it as everything is necessary- they are all just suggestions).  This is not "homeschooling supplies..." as you wouldn't "school" the child until the 6th or 7th year... but I am working with Kristie Burns of Earthschooling to create special supply packages she will offer for each age range (Pre-K, K, 1st, 2nd, and...
You know on second thought, there are over 100 files that are full of big pictures and to dig each tutorial up would be so time consuming, so emailing multiple people is going to be a bear, not to mention she didn't really want that.  Since there are so many people still interested in this blog, what would you ladies think if I just "recreated" the projects?  My own words, my own pictures... but the basic concepts many of us wanted to do ourselves with our children.  I...
I saved every single one of her blog posts and have them all on my hard drive.  I later deleted a few that were just her personal entries (not project-related) though.  I saved it to use it as homeschool curriculum!  PM me if you need something.  It might take me a while to get it to you though I am swamped running my Waldorf supply Co-op.  In accordance with her wishes I will try to just get you info/tutorials and not pics.
I like listening to a storyteller I loved.  It helped me find the storyteller in me.  I borrowed some audio cd's of Clarissa Pinkola Estes, who wrote Women Who Run With the Wolves and is a very enchanting storyteller of short stories for adults and especially women.  I think the last one I listened to was called "Warming the Stone Child".     And I second the Healing Stories Book.   And then, when I am rocking in the rocking chair as they fall asleep, I think up...