or Connect

Posts by drobinson

My 3 year old has no problem peeing on the toilet, but when it comes to pooping, she's freaked out. She had what seemed to be a panic attack (according to the teacher) at school yesterday because she had to poop but didn't want to go on the toilet. The teacher discreetly put her in a pull-up and then discreetly cleaned her up afterward (said she seemed embarrassed). She usually holds it until she gets home, which obviously isn't healthy. Whenever she needs to poop at home,...
Thanks for the suggestions, NotYourBuddyGuy!   Thankfully, the eczema (or whatever it was) has cleared up and hasn't returned yet. Not really sure what might have been the cause, but I'm ultra-aware now, so if it flares up again, I may be able to figure out the cause.  
Thanks for the information, JRoberge! I had tried moisturizing her face with tea tree balm then read that tea tree oil can irritate eczema, so I started putting aloe vera on it, straight from the plant. That seemed to help some. I've also used a couple different balms from the Badger company, but I haven't been consistent with any of these. I'll have to try the coconut oil...we use it for a lot of things, so not sure why I didn't think of that. I need to be consistent...
P.J., I'm glad preschool drop-off has gotten better. :)   I know what you mean about nursing being a built-in way to connect. That's what makes me a little nervous about whenever we decide to wean. I have the plan of letting my daughter wean herself, but also know that at some point I may need to wean her. I enjoy the time with her and it's very convenient, so for now, I try not to think about how it will be down the road. :)   Hope all is well for you this week!
For the past few weeks my 2.5 year old daughter has had a rash around her mouth. I didn't give much thought to it as she had been drooling a ton due to her molars trying to come in and the weather has been really dry, so I figured it was just chapped skin. Last night I noticed a couple of little bumps on her face near her nose and mouth and one on her eyelid. Now I'm thinking it's eczema. I have problems with eczema on my hands and it seems she may have it now. I have a...
P.J., thank you for sharing your experience with your 2.5 year old. We are also experiencing the fighting going to bed among other things. Last night she wouldn't go to sleep until 10:30. She basically had to wait until after I showered and was ready for bed before she would relax and go to sleep. The after school routine has proven to work well, though we did have 5 days off with the holiday, so that could have helped as well. We have taken your advice to go to the...
Thanks, sageowl...we tried that yesterday and it worked really well. I gave her a big hug and we collected her things, then she wanted to sit in this wooden car they have at school, so I let her play around in it for a few minutes. After that, I said, "Okay, let's go see Daddy," and she got right out. I put her in the car without any issues. We'll try the same thing this evening and see how it goes...
Yes, I guess I should have expected all this, but you never know how your child will be until you're in the middle of it. :) Maptome, that's a great idea about spending a few moments to connect before putting her in the car. I'm going to try that this evening. I also thought maybe if I don't seem so rushed to get out and get in the car, that might make a difference. I have a tendency to tell her, "okay, let's hurry so we can get home and see Daddy," which probably...
I work outside the home full time, and for the past several days, whenever I pick my DD up from preschool/daycare, she cries as I buckle her into her carseat and cries almost all the way home. Once we're home, she whines and cries until we finally sit down to nurse (which is no more than 5 minutes or so). Our routine once we get home is I use the bathroom, we wash our hands and then sit down to nurse. Lately, she goes nuts until we sit down. She tells me not to wash my...
We use Earth Mama Angel Baby shampoo and body wash and we love it. They also make a Bottom Balm for rashes which works really well.