or Connect

Posts by drobinson

I'm in desperate need of advice...DH and I both WOH full-time and our 14 month-old DD goes to day care while we work. When we get home, all we want to do is spend time with her and we have about a 2 - 2 1/2 hour window to do that (including feeding her and bath time). After she's in bed, there's about another hour and a half to put lunches together and make bottles for the next day, as well as shower and get ready for bed. Weekends are filled with church, grocery...
That should be WOH, not WOM :)
I WOM full time and am still BFing my 14 month old DD and will continue to do so as long as I can or until she's ready to wean herself. I still pump at work as well.
I am going on a business trip in less than two weeks and will need to pump about every 3 hours in order to keep my supply up for when I return home to my daughter. As a result, I may have to pump while in an airport or on the plane. I'm hoping to not have to pump in the airport restroom, but I don't really know what else to do. Pump on the plane while wearing my nursing cover? has anyone had to do this? Any suggestions?
Thank you both for your suggestions! I really appreciate it! I think my supply has increased a little. I was able to get enough for an extra bottle yesterday, so I now have two bottles' worth in the freezer...still have a long way to go, but it's a start. I'm going to first try pumping after she goes down for the night as CrunchyChristianMama suggested and see what I get from that. Thanks again!
My DD is 8 months old and I've been exclusively breastfeeding her this whole time. I've only recently started introducing solid foods due to me having tons of food allergies and not wanting her to develop them as well by introducing solids too early. She now needs more milk than I can produce at the moment, so that's why we're now introducing solids. Also, she is very interested in our food when she sees us eating. Another dilemma for me is I have to go on a business...
I had the same problem when I was preparing to return to work. When you could get her to keep the bottle in her mouth, DD tried to chew the bottle nipple rather than suck.  I tried every type of nipple there was and finally settled on Playtex latex nipples. Not my first choice, but it's what would work for my DD. The other big discovery we made was the temperature of the milk. We would heat it, but we didn't realize it wasn't warm enough. Finally, I realized she was used...
Sending big hugs your way! I remember the day I had to go back to work this past August. It was very difficult, but my DH brought our DD to work during lunch to visit me. It made the day a little more bearable. Not sure if your MIL can bring the baby for an occasional visit, but if so, it might help you transition into being away from her during the day.