or Connect

Posts by ButtonGirl

We bought groceries today and will have to buy a few more (store didn't have everything I needed). Bought soda this morning for a friend's lunch party.   Plan for next week:   1/10 - necessary groceries 1/11 - baby wipes (this is going to be a temptation - I have to buy wipes at toys r us, so my commitment is to not buy anything else!) 1/12 - no spend 1/13 - no spend 1/14 - no spend 1/15 - no spend 1/16 - no spend   we'll see how it goes...
1/10 - Cabbage, kielbasa & potatoes 1/11 - Vegetable Barley stew 1/12 - asparagus & feta pasta 1/13 - dinner @in-laws 1/14 - lentil veggie stew 1/15 - black bean flautas 1/16 - salmon and eggplant   that's the plan....
I don't actually have a scale right now, but hopefully will get one before next Monday. :)   Also hoping to get back on track tomorrow, now that we're all better from being so sick!    Best of wishes to everyone on Monday...
    I am so with you abbylotus!  I went to visit my parents for Christmas, and it's always a slap in the face to see how much they judge me for being fat...definitely not an encouragement!  I just know I feel like this almost every day...but being here with others in the same boat really is encouraging.   Celebration for today - I had lots of veggies for dinner! :)  (growing up as a veggie hater, this is always quite a step for me!)  
Yay I cooked at home tonight! Veggie stir fry - very tasty. We should be on track for the rest of the week, as hopefully will continue feeling better. 
I am in agreement with those talking about sustaining...I don't know how long I've wanted a quick fix...to be skinny by next week...this is definitely not an instant gratification thing and that doesn't make it easy!  I was recently speaking with a doctor who (in my opinion) had a great body; she mentioned to me that it took her 2 years to lose weight and get to the point she is now. I found that pretty encouraging! I think I have the Biggest Loser wish in my head...but...
We spent $19 tonight on dinner...I have been very sick and not up to cooking. Oh and $25 at the doggie daycare. Hoping to make tomorrow and Friday no spend days. Saturday will involve $80 spent on infant CPR class for hubby and me; we'll also have to buy a couple 2 litres of soda for a friend's get together Sunday. That should be it though!   Edit - hubby bought juice today for the sickie family. Feeling a bit better today and was able to make awesome veggie stir fry...
MamitaM - lentil quesadillas sounds good - I will have to try that!   So we totally suck...I have been so sick the past several days and it is just getting worse. :(  hubby made veggie chili last night, but we stopped at a burger joint tonight on the way home from the doctor. At least it was on the cheap side!    Hoping to feel better tomorrow and get back on track...
  Motivated Mama - thanks for making the list! I'm not so great with all these forum shortcuts yet so hope this is the best way to respond....   So to complete mine: Kelly. Starting Jan. 2011. Goal: 100 pounds. Motivation - my daughter. Also, I want to have more kids, I hate being overweight, and I want to be able to wear cute clothes! Walk every day. Start swimming and/or doing exercise DVD's in the evenings. Cut out preservatives, processed foods, and make as much at...
We ended up going out for dinner on the 3rd, but used a gift card, so only payout from us was tip.  Hubby went grocery shopping today...I am not sure how much he spent cause I am at home sick :(  But what he bought covers the meals for hte rest of the week so no shopping again until next week (hopfully!)