or Connect

Posts by ButtonGirl

OK I finally figured it out -   Tuesday - Arctic Char with Asparagus Wed. - Veggie Stir Fry with Noodles Thurs. - dinner at in-laws Fri. - Homemade Pizza (topped with spinach, artichoke, zucchini and garlic) Sat. - Black bean flautas Sun. - New England Dinner (cabbage, potatoes and kielbasa)   Lunches will probably be sandwiches and leftovers, and I have to admit I usually do Eggos for breakfast (but at least the plus fiber ones :)   Now to make the...
ha ha...so my hubby just called to invite me out for dinner...but it's using a gift card - does that count?   so i suppose my goal is to try really hard not to order french fries, stick to water as my drink, and otherwise be as healthy as possible in my food choice.   hope to be back soon with a food plan for the rest of the week!
I would love to join in on this thread! I've been fighting with my weight for what seems like most of my entire life...it just gets me down every day. I've been able to lose quite a bit more than once, but it always comes right back.    Right now I am on mat leave with my 4 month old. Basically from the week she was born I started walking every day for about an hour (I was so sick during my pregnancy that I hardly did anything). I kept that up until basically...
OK, so this is one of my biggest issues, and hubby and I really want to get out of debt, so I'm in...   a. Who you are: Kelly, first time mom to beautiful daughter (4 months), American transplanted to Canada (yay!) married to hubby 4 years now. b. Where you are going (your financial goals): My desire is to pay off debt and learn how to live within my means...something I've rarely managed to do in my life. I don't want to leave that legacy to my daughter...and I...
I need to join this challenge...December was awful!  I really get out of good goals around the holidays...maybe someday I'll learn better habits!   At any rate, my goal for this year is to eliminate processed foods from our diet as much as possible, cook at home, and keep the groceries to around $80/week. I find I do this best when I plan the weekly meals ahead of time, so I'll need to start doing that again too. By the time my daughter starts on solids, I want us to...
Have to admit I haven't done the best this month...holiday times always seem to through me for a loop!   Did do homemade Pad Thai yesterday and dinner is already in the crock pot for today (vegetable barley stew). Button and I are flying out to visit family for Christmas tomorrow...so will just have to hope there's enough leftovers for hubby while I'm away :)  (He's also kind of spoiled...he can go to his parents any time).   Hoping to see this continue into the...
I have a super easy (probably not very healthy...but tasty!) enchilada recipe that I send with my husband every time he has a work do...haven't met a person yet who doesn't love it. :)   So:   Boil 3-4 chicken breasts; cool and shred Mix in 1 can Old El Paso Enchilada sauce & about half a bag of shredded Mexican cheese (Optional - add a can of beans to the chicken mix before putting into tortillas - or you can make vegetarian by using beans instead of...
I had never heard of that coat - thank you for sharing!  Have been really interested in the MCoat but just doesn't fit my budget - this one seems much more affordable! 
So, my in-laws bought us pizza last night (terrible I know...but how to say no? :) ...so definitely making that salmon tonight! Not sure about tomorrow yet...grocery shopping will happen either tonight or tomorrow for sure.
What a great thread - I'm sorry I didn't catch it at the beginning of the month! (It might have kept me from ordering sushi takeout last week and having Wendy's :p for lunch today!).   It's funny - we have actually already kinda made that our goal for this month (even to the point of making our own bread), and after all that home-cooked food, the Wendy's really did a number on my stomach! Blech...   Anyway, I'm planning on making salmon and some of the frozen...