or Connect

Posts by ButtonGirl

I took a childbirth ed class from a chiropractor, and she did say not to put baby in an upright carrier until she was able to sit on her own (i.e. 6 months or so) so that damage won't be done to the hips. Something like a Moby or else a newborn insert that keeps their legs in but still allows baby to be upright when they want to is nice until they get to this stage.   I have been using my carrier (mainly my Moby) more and more with my 3 month old and looking forward...
I do love cookbooks but I must say I find most of my recipes online nowadays. Vegetarian Times and AllRecipes are my main favorites lately. :)  (We're not vegetarian, but trying to be more so...and really trying to stay more and more away from processed food, which means lots more cooking!  Thanks goodness for Canadian year-long mat leave :)
Wow I can't believe I found this thread today.   My parents are wonderful in many ways, and I love them, but my main memories from childhood are of them arguing (and particularly of my dad yelling, for hours on end, either at my mom or at us).  I've always had a short temper as well, but used to be much better at controlling it. Lately though...not so much. Last night I argued with my husband over something he felt was minor and I did not (though on reflection, it...
Hi Toronto ladies!   Thought I would join in on the chat. My name is Kelly. I am in Vaughan, first time mum of a 3 1/2 month old wonderful little girl. I've been enjoying all the learning that motherhood brings, even though SO many things have not turned out in ways I've expected, it's been a pretty amazing experience so far all the same. I've found AP fits in with all the philosophy I didn't even realize I had until baby came along (particularly as I was not able to...
I chose to do hospital birth for my first-born (less than 4 months ago!) because I felt that as much as I read and studied and questioned, I really had no idea what birth would be like - so the hospital was my security blanket. Now that I do know, I absolutely plan to choose home birth next time. My hospital experience wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything like what I imagine birth could be in your own familiar, relaxed environment. They will turn it into a clinical,...