or Connect

Posts by andrea

I have twin 5 month old girls. Usually they are very easy to put down for naps, my husband works from home so we both take a baby in their room and rock/sing until we see sleepy eyes or until they rub their faces on our shoulders, then we put them down. They may talk/fuss for a minute or two but that's it. For the past few days one of the girls has been really freaking out when we put her down, a minute or two after we shut the door. She also has been waking up more at...
My girls were born the day before yours! 6-23. Just found this forum and I am so glad I did (how have I done without it for the last 5 months??) I have already gotten so much out of just reading a few posts from twin moms, the only twin mom I know had a really easy time with it and I feel guilty that it's hard for me. The support here is so helpful.
I have twin 5 month old girls. Some days it is so incredible difficult, but I never wish that I had just one. Watching them kick and pull each others hair in the bath (they don't mean to, they're still really little) is hilarious, and one of them especially ADORES her sister. She absolutely lights up every time she sees her. So far there has not been an easy day, but I look back on the past 5 months and realize that I have accomplished so much. I nursed them exclusively...
I had low cramps and odd pains often with my twins, and I had zero pre-term labor and no shortened cervix. I would not stress about it! Chances are they are stretching you in a way that you have not been stretched before! Always call your doctor though if it will make you feel better :) Being worried all the time won't help the already stressfull situation of being pregnant with twins!
I have no advice for you but I feel your pain! My girls are 5 1/2 months old and are STILL not on the same schedule. Every now and then we have a day where they take two 1 1/2 hour naps at the same time (sometimes 2 hours!!) and it is blissfull and glorious. I have to remind myself that it's okay to be frustrated at the situation, but not at the babies. They are two different people, so of course they aren't going to be exactly the same. I know how hard and complicated...