or Connect

Posts by siemeeers

And from my understanding, Airborne is basically just vitamin C.... so, if that's what you're looking for, load up. But also it was my understanding that "vitamin C boosts the immune system!" was just an old wives' tale. I can't give any recommendations for what TO try though...sorry! (side note... do be careful if it is strep. because it can progress into scarlet fever if left untreated!)
It's admirable for the reasons they state, but I have to wonder how long they can keep it up. I mean, their other children were not raised by keeping their sex a secret, and based on the few photos, it doesn't seem like they have been super affected by "gender roles" that society creates.  One of my prof's last quarter told us how her daughter was raising her daughter gender neutral. I mean, everyone knew she was a girl, but the mom refused to accept any pink gifts. Of...
I have had the same fear you are describing, especially since I am planning to start midwifery school in about a year. A woman who is in training to be a doula spoke in one of my classes last quarter, and she also had the same fear! At least it's good to know it's a common fear :) Anyway, she was speaking to one of the women who is training her, and she was told that it is excellent that she has not given birth. That way, she does not bring her own experiences to the...
She is so beautiful! I am glad you have come to peace with her birth. Her cheeks are awesome!! :)
Labor at home as long as possible or is desired. Unless the water breaks, then get to the abx immediately. Good luck. I will be thinking of you. GBS is not to be taken lightly!!
I am so so sorry for your loss. :(
Hi everyone! It's so exciting to see so many people here who are planning on becoming/already are in the process of becoming a CNM! My name is Emily and I am just finishing up my undergraduate degree in Microbiology & Spanish. I'm taking next year off to work and save money (since I figure a car may be a good investment for clinicals with grad school!). I will be applying to school this fall--the grad entry level nursing program... and I really hope to attend...
I don't understand how this is so ridiculous. If you are not vaccinated you have a significantly increased chance of contracting pertussis. Whether or not it ALWAYS causes a death should not be a issue. What the real issue is is that it very well COULD cause a death!! And putting your child's and other children's lives in danger is not so outrageous. One person turning out fine from measles is an anecdotal story that does not have scientific significance! Also, what...