or Connect

Posts by Courtney-Ostaff

Puppy pads?  
You know what is great with stock? Rice. You can make a big batch of rice with the stock (brown is fine), which deposits all the yummy goodness on the rice.  I keep it in the fridge in a quart jar, and heat it up for her with a big pat of butter on it. Or sometimes grated cheese.
  I keep readily available food on her table, all the time. Sometimes it's cheese and crackers, sometimes it's cheese and fruit. Sometimes it's cheesy crackers. ;)  Sometimes it's cheerios-like cereal. Just something that won't spoil fast, is readily available, high-fat, and makes good finger food.  I don't know what cultures that don't eat dairy feed their kids!!   I think it's hilarious that yours likes butter.  My daughter was the same way!!  I eventually figured...
She's 3.  She just likes to help. She actually follows me around and asks to help. :)   I'd ask yours whether or not she could feel with her butt whether or not there was more in there!! ;)
  I don't understand why having her refreshed is so important? Maybe she just needs to sleep at the right time?   I certainly understand about not working out in the evenings.  Maybe you could work out earlier?  However, keep in mind that most childcare people understand that at 4pm, any 2 yr old, whether or not they have napped, is going to be completely different than they would be at 9am.  They'll act accordingly.   I totally would say, "Hey, I need a break. Let's...
I wasn't going to do a potty, but a friend gave me one. My house has tall! toilets, so I bought a step-up/seat in one, and tried it with her. She didn't mind, but the darn thing was still too short -- and she was too small!  So we gave up, got the thing out of the box, took out the batteries, and set it in the living room. Worked like a charm, and we're still using it, over a year later.  She empties it herself, now!  When she can comfortably sit on the seat, or figure...
4 years is ideal in hunter-gatherer societies.  So, anthropologists tend to try to have their kids at that spacing.  It seems to work well in the literature, and that's what I'm aiming for.  She'll be potty trained, way more independent, and hopefully doing some preschool, so I can have time for the new baby.   We'll see!
No forcing! :)     1) Remember, their portions are TINY!   2) Ask her what she wants to eat, and let her eat it, even if it's ice cream ;) 3) Make food available at all times 4) Remember, they need a LOT more fat and cholesterol than we do, for healthy myelinization.     My daughter is now three, but I was really worried for a while between 1 and 2. She was down about the 5th percentile for weight, and at the 75% for height at one point.  I just started...
I'm a heathen, and I use Tide. :)  I use it because every time Consumer Reports rates detergents, it comes out on top, by a wide margin. I've used other stuff, but clothes are expensive, KWIM?  If I don't have to do anything but stick the darn things in the washer (front-loader), then it's saving me time and money.  My mom, who lives with me but has her own washer and dryer, only buys the cheapest detergent, and yet regularly comes and asks if I'll wash something that...
Pick-up, although I got a set of demi-silverware and gave it to her at that age.