or Connect

Posts by Courtney-Ostaff

My daughter started on a chair, but we got her a nice, sturdy stool at IKEA.  I think at that age, I just let her sit on the counter, with some "dishwater" while I stayed within arm's reach.  She also spent a lot of time on the kitchen table (to my mother's everlasting horror ;) "cooking" with flour and water so I could work around the kitchen.  Or she was just banging pots and pans around.  She really just wanted to see what was going on.  I carried her in a sling a...
Every day, sometimes more often. She loves, loves, loves water. In fact, she asks for baths as recreation. In terms of actual bathing?  Not that much.  A really scrubbing down probably 2 or 3 times a week.
I used to really worry about it, but my pediatrician always said, "She's just petite!"  I kept a food diary for a while, and realized that she was actually eating a fairly normal amount. Remember, 2 tablespoons is a serving at that age!  It's not that my daughter wasn't interested in food, it's just that she never ate much, and slid around anywhere from the 5th to the 25% percentile for weight, and the 50%-75% for height.  So, I got one of those kidco food grinders, and...
Actually, it's probably just normal because she's picking up on your stress. Sounds like a negative feedback loop.  Time to break it.  Were it me, I'd just say, "Screw it. Do whatever you want, kid.  I'm hot, I'm tired, and I need a break.  Right now I'm going to go lay down. When you're ready to come cuddle, let me know."  Betcha dimes to doughnuts she'll come running.  What she wants is the attention, and even negative attention will do.  This way, she knows that you...
  http://www.epa.gov/kids/garbage.htm     http://a.disney.go.com/projectgreen/global/pdf/friends_for_change_green_your_scene_toolkit.pdf      
If the old cloth is natural fabric, it can be composted.  Otherwise you have some evenings with scissors ahead of you to shred it for stuffing.   Unused Medications and Personal Care Products - Remove unused medications from original containers, mix with used materials such as used coffee grounds or kitty litter and place in non-descript impermeable container such as empty cans or sealable plastic bags and discard in the trash.  Care should be taken that children or pets...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110119120409.htm
Even ones that aren't actually inserted in the newspaper are often distributed by the newspaper, you might consider calling them.   I will let you know though, that you may want to consider donating them to a local frugal organization, as some people can do amazing things with coupons and such.     HOW TO OPT OUT Different organizations keep their own marketing lists, but these Web sites encompass the major ones: •dmachoice.org – Direct Marketing...
  Any suggestions on a good source for white cotton napkins that will stand up to regular washing but don't cost too much?  I saw some on etsy made of birdseye that I find intriguing.   I just bought a couple dozen white cotton napkins at Target.  We use them for every meal, wash them afterwards, and bleach (with bluing) as needed--which is rarely, since I use good detergent.   For the kitchen, I have several kinds of kitchen towels. I have   terry cloth...
I wouldn't expect you to never take time for yourself. Can you hire a babysitter to come to the house, even for an hour at a time?  You could work up to having her there (this is what I do.)  The first time my babysitter came, I stayed and played with them. The second and third times, I was in the room, and my daughter came and cuddled with me as needed.  Later, I'll move into other rooms in the house. I think it was over a month before I left the house.  But still, it...