or Connect

Posts by Courtney-Ostaff

Yes, and also it's easier for you to see, so you can grab her and place her on the potty. "This is where pee pee goes."  "No, we don't pee on the floor, we pee on the potty."  etc.
  Positive Discipline for Preschoolers Montessori in the Home What's Going on in There? : How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life by Lise Eliot Pink Brain, Blue Brain: How Small Differences Grow Into Troublesome Gaps -- And What We Can Do About It Montessori Method NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children The Scientist in the Crib: What Early Learning Tells Us About the Mind by Alison Gopnik The Philosophical...
Distraction is your friend.   I found all of these useful:     Positive Discipline: The First Three Years: From Infant to Toddler--Laying the Foundation for Raising a Capable, Confident Child What's Going on in There? : How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life by Lise Eliot Pink Brain, Blue Brain: How Small Differences Grow Into Troublesome Gaps -- And What We Can Do About It The Montessori Method NurtureShock: New...
Sunshine is the best remedy.  It's got natural UV antibacterials, and antifungals.  I'm betting on a fungal infection.  Nappy-free is the way to go.  
17 months is waaaay too young to take to a formal ceremony like a wedding. Or a funeral.  Definitely a babysitter.  You may have to cut your night short, though. ;)
Not unusual, sorry. Anbesol is your friend!!  My daughter fought for every one of her teeth, and she teethed from 3 months to 2 1/2.
I'd go with lots of naked time. In fact, I'd only do clothes if you're going out, and then I'd reinforce the "I didn't bring any extra clothes, so if you have an accident, we have to go back to the car (or home), so you need to use the potty here now."    And a handy-dandy potty -- like in the room she spends most of her time in, even if it's the living room.  And oooooodles of patience, but no bribing.  Verbal rewards are good. "Oh, you remembered! What a good...
I just don't understand why she would do this.   Maybe she just got herself a new phone, and they said, "Hey, an extra line is only $9.99!!  And this is a snazzy free phone to go with!!"  And because she's just not that good at contract law, didn't realize that she's going ot have to pay out tookus for all the extra multimedia crap on the second line.  I'd bet dimes to doughnuts it's got nothing to do with you.   Isn't it odd to have two phones, one for each...
Hell no. No way, no how.  My kid is not travelling overseas without her custodial parent until she's a legal adult, and possibly not even then.  I'm sorry, but your ex is out of his freakin' mind if he thinks that he's going to la-di-da take a non-custodial 3-yr-old on a 2-day-trip to stay for a month without mom right there.
Yeah, sorry, that's a flag.  Cascadian has a good list of other issues.     OTOH, your daughter is still her wonderful, precious, self.  She doesn't know that what she is doing is wrong, so don't make her feel bad/dirty/wrong.