or Connect

Posts by esp831

I had some serious problems with low BP with my last pregnancy, I almost had to stop driving because I was getting dizzy on the road. In fact, a pregnant woman in my neighborhood with low BP passed out at the wheel and drove into the Costco!  She and the baby were fine.  It didn't really hit me until the 6 month or so, but when it did I came very close to passing out in a hallway with cement floors.  I was not eating much salt at all at the time, so I added a little here...
It's such a bummer to hear that some of you have trouble with access to homebirth, such a shame! Hehe, the marathon is Saturday.  We did our last training run today, which went pretty well.  I'll keep you posted!  
nhklh-what a hard day for you!  I'm so sorry.  I so wish I had words of comfort to offer except that you have every right to feel completely frustrated and upset. Well...we were supposed to be running a half marathon, but now we've changed to walk/running.  I suppose from how our training is going that we'll probably run about 1/3-1/2 of it.  I have strict instructions from the midwife not to push it too far.  I tend to get really competitive, so my DH is going to keep...
Hehe, I'm an "other."  I have had a teensy sip of DH's beer maybe twice this pregnancy, because it sounds so yummy.  But then once I taste it, it's not so yummy.  I always thought I would be open to a little wine once or twice in late pregnancy, but it doesn't sound good at all so I've never had it while pregnant.  I certainly wouldn't judge anyone for having a little nip here and there, but it just doesn't sound/taste good to me.  When I'm not pregnant or nursing, I...
Oh gals, today is an ok day hormone-wise for me, but I know the bad days can just fall out of the sky and it seems like you are powerless to stop it.  I'm so sorry for those of you having bad or worrisome days.  I do look forward to the days that we can look back on this and giggle/sigh, but right now being in the trenches seems like there is no way out.  Soon enough, we will be feeling better, promise!  My theory is that the human gestational period has evolved to 40...
I'll jump on this one too.  I was a bartender in Hawaii for 7 years, need I say more?    TMBM loves reading birth stories...
Thanks so much on last week's thread for the comments regarding baby movement, they really helped me to relax.  I think we're back on track now, feeling sporadic movements that may be just a bit stronger now. I'm glad to hear that, in general. we're all beginning to feel a bit better from time to time, woooo hoooo!  It does seem like a two steps forward, one step back process, doesn't it?  Although my nausea is almost completely gone, I'm still fighting off the sour...
Agreed, staying home for all holidays this year.  What a perfect reason not to travel and stay home and get nice and cozy.  It does make one more prone to have to host though, doesn't it?  I love the list of chores idea for guests, it's a great idea.  Not only that, but everyone who enters your house should bring food, help take care of other kids, and pamper you while you sit on the couch and nurse (if the baby has been born of course).   This may make me a jerk, but...
How did you become interested in homebirth?  What is your favorite food (when you can eat)?
So glad to hear that you're surgery went well and that your little bubs is thriving!  That's wonderful.  Also, glad the nausea is beginning to let up, and that you're able to spend time outside