or Connect

Posts by esp831

I'm 11 weeks today and definitely showing to myself and family, but I suppose I don't quite yet look visibly pregnant to a stranger.  Or actually, I'll bet I have that look like, "is that lady pregnant, or did she just eat a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies?"  Mostly I just feel thick.  I think I popped about a week ago.  This is #3 for me.  #1 didn't show until at least 16 weeks, #2 more like 12, and this time 10.  Rockin' the yoga maternity pants every chance I get.
I also LOVE to dance.  I will also dance anywhere the mood strikes, sometimes the grocery store.  I have a long history of dance training and just took my first pole dancing class last week. It was safe for the first trimester, and I am so sore.  I've definitely developed a new found respect for boudoir dance.  Anyhoo, it was fun and empowering. The mama below me has a hidden talent she would like to share...
You two are wonderful.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kind and intelligent words.  I cried and laughed reading your replies, and they gave me courage I didn't know that I have.  I will probably visit these replies a number of times over the next months for encouragement.  I've never been part of a DDC or any online support group before, but it's already been such a rewarding experience for me.  I look forward to sharing this pregnancy with you.  Thank you...
I'm so sorry Teles.  Thank you for sharing with us.  Sending positive, healing vibes your way and strong hopes that you'll be part of March 2013.  Good luck mama!
Hi all, When this LO is born, he/she will be 20 months apart from DD2, who is currently 13 months, teething, and up in the night.  It's probably the lack of sleep talking, but I'm am really starting to stress about having two babies!!  With both of my deliveries I've suffered from PPD, although with number 2 it was short lived because we knew what to look for.  How can I handle that with a teenager and two babies?  I do have some support from my family and my in-laws,...
You poor thing, I'm so sorry.  I know that pregnancy nausea/vomiting does exist on a continuum, and it can be hard to know when it is defined as hyperemesis.  To me, it sounds like you have hyperemesis, but I'm certainly not a doctor.  Totally sucky that the Zofran is not working.  I'd say your hcg levels are probably going to peak any day now, aren't you between 9 and 10 weeks?  From then on it can only get better.  But I would highly recommend that you let your doctor...
Oh mama, I'm sorry.  My first was a surprise, and my partner (at the time), also had some doubts and stress and a similar conversation took place.  For him, it was honestly just worry and stress talking in a moment of utter human weakness.  The time passed and as he got used to the idea, he came to his senses.  Although I was also downright angry at the time, I stuck to my guns and weathered the storm as peacefully as I could.  14 years later we share a wonderful...
Unfortunately, I never paid attention to my cycle in the past.  This time, I conceived on my first ovulation since the birth of DD2 and we have been nursing this whole time, so I have no idea where I was in my cycle.  But I can say this, we had our date night, and then about 36 hours later I woke up thinking:  I. am. ovulating.  I knew it was go time at that moment and that we were pregnant.  According to the theory, that would mean girl for us, so we'll see how it plays...
I'm still having good days and bad days, but no great days yet.  Yesterday I had: Cereal and milk-made me feel awful!  For some reason, sugar/carbs are my enemy these days. Tortilla with scrambled egg and cheese Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat-this is the first time this sounded/tasted good so I was thrilled!! Mango/coconut smoothie-started nausea right back up again Thai soup with rice-sounded great but went right through me :( It was a pretty...
Welcome!  How wonderful that you have such a supportive family.  Hope you start to feel better soon.