or Connect

Posts by esp831

With my other kids I was really worried that some stranger was going to push me down a flight of stairs or hurt my belly in some way.  Plus I was a bartender for my second pregnancy, and I was sure some drunken fool was going to get wild and hurt me.  Then I went through this crazy fear that somehow the baby was in a uncomfortable position in my belly and couldn't turn herself.  My midwife said I was the first person she had heard with that one.  But all is well, the...
Wow.  You read my mind!  I did not have this issue with my first two pregnancies and was just wondering tonight if this is normal?  It sounds like there are a few of us experiencing it, so it must be.  I haven't found any remedies yet, but I will keep trying and researching to keep you all posted of anything helpful.  I finally took some TUMS tonight to see if that might slow things down a bit and give me some relief from the horrible sour stomach.  I'll let you know the...
Wonderful!  I'm so glad you went in to get checked out.  Good job mama and baby!
Yes, it absolutely gets better.  By the end of this trimester, your outlook will most likely change remarkably.  There will still be worries of labor, and parenting etc.  BUT, the feeling sick and fatigue begins to go away, and so much of the negativity disappears with it.  Then the fun begins, shopping, preparing, enjoying food again, being able to exercise, wearing maternity clothes and getting lots of attention!   Not to say that you don't still feel pregnant,...
Well, the unrelenting sour taste in my mouth has changed to metal mouth, yuck.  I have been dreaming about the days soon to come when all food sounds good and I can eat without fear.  I've been having issues with body temp too.  It takes me forever to fall asleep because I'm so freezing, and then I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and can't fall back asleep.  Every third day or so, I have a few hours when I feel just a little bit better.  My theory is...
Travel Mumma- I'm secretly a bit intimidated by the thought of having a boy too.  I have two girls already and of course will be happy with either but, will I have the energy to keep up with a boy?  Do I have the right set of parenting skills to raise a happy and healthy boy?  I'm relying on faith that my instincts will kick in.  All of my friends who have boys have a wonderful, strong, and sweet relationship with them, so I hope I can do the same.  I don't have any...
Let's see...I didn't feel my first until 21 weeks or so.  I remember a girlfriend asking if I felt like I had gas bubbles and I said yes and she said, "that's the baby moving silly!"  I knew what to expect the second time around and felt her about 14 weeks or so, like a very gentle tickle from the inside.  I hope to feel this one around the same time.
That looks really promising!  Thank you so much for sharing, I'm going to order some ASAP.  
Don't be sorry!  You are great for starting this!  I'm drinking soda right now (insert face of complete shame).  I am getting a masters in nutrition for goodness sake.  I know everything I should be eating now and why, I literally study it every day and pride myself on eating a whole foods diet.  My DH and I committed long ago to always making room in our budget for good, nutritious food.  Today I went to McDonald's.  I feel like I've stepped out of my body and have been...
Thank you, thank you!!  I will try the gentian violet.  It sounds like it will be good to have on hand for any potential future issues as well.  I really appreciate all of the helpful information. Nystatin is still considered a "Class C" drug during pregnancy.  Now, I couldn't tell if that was for the suspension and the topical cream or just the suspension, but I figured I wouldn't take the risk.  Thanks again!  I'm off to go find some gentian violet!