or Connect

Posts by esp831

newCTmama- A doula is a wonderful support companion for a VBAC.  I can't speak highly enough of how helpful ours was during our VBAC amongst hospital staff that was quite varied in their support/non-support.  It super sucks that you can't determine the doctor that's on call, but you can definitely advocate for yourself no matter whom you have to deal with, and a doula is just the person to help.  My DH was an extremely supportive labor partner, but for him to have some...
Congrats to new mamas and thank you all so much!  I had all of your mamas' strength in my heart on our big day and I'm sending all my love to you all!
Truman Dhar arrived at 39 weeks on 12/1/12 at 11:27pm.  My water broke at 7am and we headed into the hospital after a leisurely shower, breakfast, and getting DD2 settled into her routine with Auntie and Grammie.  At the hospital we made it perfectly clear that we were there to labor on our own.  We walked the halls, lunged on stairs, sat on the ball etc.  all day and hung out with the doula.   She helped me to not get frustrated and to let the process unwind itself.  I...
Kaliki-Thinking of you mama, hope all is well!  AFM-I am starting to feel like I'm going to drop this baby soon.  The bits of mucus I'm losing have some blood (this is how labor started with DD2) and I have a pretty much constant backache, crampiness, and nausea.  I also just really have the feeling.  I don't think it's going to be tonight, but soon, and definitely before my due date, 12/8.  I know predictions are on the other thread, but my bet is on this Sat 12/1/12...
Rae- 4 cm woweeeee!  Things are looking promising, keep us posted! I thought we'd have at least one Nov full moon babe...anyone?
I'm just loving seeing everyone's beautiful bellies!  Keep 'em coming!  My little sissy in law did some mendhi for me last night, at 38 weeks.
Happy Sunday all! Cielo- Just want to say congrats again on the wonderful baby girl Matilda!  I have to admit that your post from last week's thread made me think of PPD as well, but it sounds like you're really paying attention.  There is such a continuum of post partum hormonal shifts, baby blues, and PPD.  It's so difficult to place yourself somewhere on that continuum.  But you're doing a fantastic job, and have every right to feel let down purely based on having...
She is wonderful!  Thank you so much for sharing!
How long have you lived in Portland?  Do you think you all will stay there?
Happy new week all!  We're having flooding type rain here, so I'm skipping class and snuggling with the toddler.  But, by the end of the day I have to tell the whole family that I'm touched out and they all need to leave me alone.  Seriously, at that point I want to come out of my skin if anyone needs physical affection, it's awful! Sego, sounds like things are moving right along for you mama!  Did you find a good stevia pumpkin pie recipe?  Are you also gf?  I have a...