or Connect

Posts by lash

And I liked both on Facebook!  
I love that it is so much easier to take the bus, grocery shop, almost everything!  And it helps me stay in shape, and keep my baby close.  
I had Dr Ring in my first pregnancy.  I liked her quite a bit.  Of course she was not there for the birth unfortunately.  I have heard good things about Awadalla as well (male) and Denise Black. Depends which hospital you want too of course.  I had a pretty awful experience at St B.   I was high risk though, and I have heard they have renovated recently and there are more private rooms, which would make a huge difference in my opinion (having my husband kicked out every...
I had heard 8 months so that's what we did.  Something about yogurt being much more gentle than straight whole milk.  And of course plain, as low sugar as possible.  Our dd loved yogurt....was the first solid food she really took too.   I used this site a lot, found it super helpful:  www.wholesomebabyfood.com.  they have a dairy FAQ that you might find helpful.    
hi Mel, Welcome!  I have a midwife through Mount Carmel.  I called all 4 clinics the morning after I got a positive test, and kept calling for many weeks before I heard back.  You have to be extremely persistent.  I have heard it can help if you request a specific midwife....but I did that and didn't get ones I requested, so who knows.  On the College of Midwives site you can find a list of all of them, when they were licensed, etc.  Basically just be persistent.  It...
Hey erthe_mama.....I might be interested in placenta encapsulation.  I am still pretty queasy this pregnancy so I haven't thought about it too much yet....but I suffered from PPD after my first was born and I have heard that can really help.  How does it work?  Do you come and pick it up or would I have to get it to you after the birth?  I am planning a home birth, due early June.  Would be interested in some details. thanks! Oh, and I have been to Dr Shi as...
My DD is just about 2.5 and I think she has pretty much weaned :-(.  I am 22 weeks pg currently.  She was down to only nursing once a day before bed, then every few days, once a week, etc.  I was pretty much doing the "don't ask, don't refuse" thing, and she stopped asking very often.  Occasionally, in early pg, when she was still nursing before her nap too, I would distract her or tell her we'd nurse later, before night time, because I felt so sick and was unfortunately...
Hi everyone!  My name is Larissa and I am due with #2 in "early June" lets just say.  I think my due date by lmp is actually May 28 or so, but our DD was 16 days over so I am going with "early June."  Our DD is 2 years old, will be 3 in August.   I work part-time and at home with my daughter part-time. We are in Canada.   My DD's birth was a very traumatic emergency c-section.  This time we are planning a VBAC at home, so an HBAC.   I am brand new to MDC and...
I just joined and noticed this thread.  From winnipeg too!  Nice to see some neighbours on here.