or Connect

Posts by Brandi

I love my MIL! She is great. She occassionally drives me crazy with things she says, but I take it all with a grain of salt. She is a really wonderful woman. I get along with her much better than I do my own mom.
I have read that some people add a water softener to the wash. I wonder if that would help release the detergent. I might try that. I have such a bad time with stinky diapers.
Great idea Carla!
Quote: Originally Posted by anotherKatrina My son has been in Montessori since 1st grade. He's now in 7th. In no particular order: -I love that it's child-led. -I love the multi-age aspect. -I love the appropriate amount of accountability that comes from freedom within boundaries. -I love the respect, cooperation and peacefulness promoted in the classroom. -The materials are so cool! Montessori rocks! I totally agree. Our son...
I checked out those websites for the wedges. Here's my main concern - she isn't able to wiggle around much at night. Do those wedges allow for enough movement? Also, she isn't refluxy any more. That has been resolved. So, I don't have any real reason to have her inclined - she just really likes it. Last night, I thought I would try to have her sleep in bed with us, but I couldn't get her to stay asleep. She would wakeup and cry as soon as she was laid down flat. I...
Great responses! A couple thoughts: Do they really need the time outt of the seat while they are sleeping at night? I heard that they need to develop muscle tone and that it's not possible in the car seat. But, they don't do much while they are sleeping, right? I think the reflux issue is resolved. I might try the snuggle nest - I just bought one for a friend : ) Anyone else have experience with these? propping them up? I don't really want to prop her up with...
I didn't read all the replies so this may have been mentioned already - sorry. I tried EVERYTHING that I was told to do to get DS to stop biting. He thought it was so funny, especially when I cried out - OH, I was bleeding too. Anyway, I finally got him to stop by pretending to cry when he did it. I really could cry, but I had to do it just the way he did. I would start out with a frown and then slowly work my face into a big, open mouth cry with my eyes shut tight....
DD is 3 months old and has been sleeping in her car seat at night. We originally did it because she was having a lot of reflux problems. She really likes it in there and sleeps as much as 9 hours a night. I know we'll have to move her out sooner or later, but I am not sure when to do it and how. I'm worried about how she will adjust. I am also worried that she will want to nurse all night long if she is in bed with us. DS did that forever. I loved having him sleep...
I had 2 epidurals. Couldn't have done it without them. Babies nursed great, but didn't "crawl" up to my nipple. Never had a problem with alertness or nursing. Would do it again! Does the amount of time in labor have any effect on this?
www.littleants.com She has a package deal: 9 for $115 (8 in one size and 1 in the next tsize up) Also, her prices go down as you order more diapers. 1-2 Fuzzi Bunz $14.95 3-5 Fuzzi Bunz $14.75 6-11 $14.50 12+ $13.95