or Connect

Posts by Brandi

i didn't read the jay gordon article, but we night weaned somewhere around 15 months i think. i just couldn't stand the lack of sleep. it was driving me nuts! we started out with 4 hour intervals. if ds went to bed at 8pm, then i wouldn't nurse him until 12am. we let him cry - it was hard, but we were right next to him, so we didn't feel like he would feel abandoned. also, we couldn't touch him or anything or it would make it much worse, so we basically ignored...
We have the cosleeper set up on my side of the bed. DD sleeps on the edge of the bed so just in case she rolled, she would just roll into the co-sleeper. We did this with DS too until he started rolling around. He was bigger then and we put him in between us. I rolled a bit before the baby came, but i don't roll around at all now. it wasn't a big deal for me. AND, the baby wakes me up enough that it doesn't really matter.
DD is 2 1/2 weeks now too. I'm pretty sure she grunts for the same reason-trying to poop. She only poops once a day. I bicycle her legs which seems to help some. The dr. suggested cutting out milk (although not other dairy products like cheese) from my diet for a week to see if it helps. They said to do it for at least a week because the proteins hang around that long. They also said that little babies just don't have coordination down - that they tightn in the...
We waited a long time - at least a year I think. DS is ver easy going, so it went well. I've heard many times to always make sure you say goodbye before you leave. Never sneek out. Although, I've done it before, so I'm not judging anyone here. I think it depends on your child. As a preschool teacher, I can tell you that the best thing to do is say goodbye and just leave. Tell them you'll be back soon and that you love them, but don't keep reassuring them that...
Hello. New here and typing 1-handed I had my dd on 8-20. She is a good sleeper - Woo! But, she's had a lot of trouble pooping and gets very grumpy. She has just started spitting up a ton! It seems thatt no matter what we do, she just spits up all the time. Still, we are very happy! We are really lucky that she sleeps because it's drastically different when you are sleep deprived. I am recovering well from my "gasp" 4th degree tear! Don't know how much...
You totally described my situation with dh and ds. DS is now 2 1/2. When I was pg, dh seemed to not be really excited like I was. When ds was born, dh did a lot to help around the house, like washing laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc., but he was not good with baby. He said he just wasn't good at that stuff like I was. I was so much better at it. Whatever. It really really upset me and we argued about it alot! He did get better over time though. When ds started to...
We rented one also, and I can't remember where from though. It was very good. It's one of those that is around $450 if you bought it outright. They worked great. I heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks. But, that's pretty early.
I'm pretty strict with the counting! If I get to 3, then I help him no matter what. If at that point he says he'll do it, I just do it anyway because 3 is it. 3 doesn't mean he gets another chance to say he'll do it and then dawdle again. He hates it and gets really upset and sometimes has a meltdown. But, once I get him in his seat, he's there and I don't worry too much about his meltdown. I also don't try to talk to him much about it or make him feel bad about it.
Sorry you are having this problem. DS went through something similar when I got pg. Not sure why he had to pick that time. I ended up taking him out in the car for naps every day for like 3 months or so. It wasn't fun, but it worked. I decided I couldn't continue that anymore, so we just put him in his room and told him he would have a quiet time. He cried a bit at first, but he made it longer and longer every day. Now, he does skip his naps sometimes, but he does...
WOW! Your post sounds like I wrote it. I was laughing while reading it because I went through the same exact stuff with my son. He's 2 1/2 now and getting much better. The whole food thing - Carter did all this stuff too - HE wanted to take it out of the fridge, he didn't like how I cut something, or how I poured something, or how I did anything. He wanted to open things and get things out and do everything on his own. It was so unbelievably frustrating! He still...