or Connect

Posts by NewBeginnings1

I just talked to a mother in a similar scenario who started making chicken bone broth. It was the first thing her son ever kept down. I don't know enough about it to point you in the right direction, but please look into it!
It was much more expensive than I liked but it tested so many more things than the skin prick tests could (you only do so many at a time for toddlers). My son vomits to Milk, Eggs, Soy, Peas & Tilapia. Nuts are TBD. I think it gives you a good starting point to begin further testing with a pediatric allergist.  He tests positive for many more foods (on both the blood test and skin prick test), but does not have a significant physical reaction. For his health, he still...
I posted this on another thread and thought that I should post it here too! Thanks for your advice =)   Update: We've been weaned for 2+ weeks. One day I faced him out on my lap as I read books to him and gave him a sippy with water. Then I skipped the nursing portion of the routine, and he didn't notice. I copied this routine for nap time. For a week or two, he would nurse once a day, usually after the nap for comfort. Then, I began having a fun snack ready for him...
Update: We've been weaned for 2+ weeks. One day I faced him out on my lap as I read books to him and gave him a sippy with water. Then I skipped the nursing portion of the routine, and he didn't notice. I copied this routine for nap time. For a week or two, he would nurse once a day, usually after the nap for comfort. Then, I began having a fun snack ready for him after his nap. Having family stay with us for a few days helped distract him and completely day wean. He...
Can someone tell me what to expect? My 19mo DS1 feeds 3-4 times throughout the day and twice at night. He sleeps in a crib. I am 16 weeks pregnant and my supply seems stable at the moment. I enjoy our bf relationship. I don't feel the need to wean completely... hopefully just night wean.    I've been able to disconnect the milk from his nap and bedtime routines by moving it to sometime before the bedtime routine. My husband is now sharing in the bedtime routine...
My 18mo loves his milk. But in anticipation of getting him to fall asleep on his own, I now nurse him 5-10 minutes before i put him down for nap time, then I read him books and put him down. We're working on moving bf to the beginning of the bedtime routine instead of the end. It's going okay, but could be better. He still eats every 3-4 hours and twice at night.    Just a thought!
It's difficult to keep an accurate food log up for a long period of time. You'll probably be best served to do a log until you identify his GI triggers & allergy triggers, which will probably take a few months. After you've removed known offenders, and his symptoms have subsided, just write down everything that he has eaten when he had a miscellaneous reaction (like hives) on a reaction log. Then you'll be able to piece together his individual allergy puzzle and be able...
Can you comment about how often, long, and where you pump at work, and what type of pump you have?
I'm sorry for the vomiting! FWIW, I can only offer the advice to rub any suspect food on his back after lightly scratching the surface. This is how I identify all suspected food because my son has very reactive skin. My results correlate to the Allergist's skin prick testing. My DS does not have noticeable reactions to everything that causes him a rash or hives, but Milk, Soy, and Egg cause projectile vomiting when he eats them. When I eat them, it causes him to wake up...
My son only has very mild eczema. If you aren't already, try bathing with just lukewarm water. Do baths make things better or worse, bc you could probably stretch it out a few days when they are so young. What lotion are you using? Also, consider replacing fabric softner with vinegar.