or Connect

Posts by NewBeginnings1

My 16mo DS is allergic to a whole host of foods. He vomits/hives to Milk, Eggs, Peas and gets contact hives from Wheat, Soy, and Dog and TONS of other unidentified foods. He has positive prick and/or IgE tests also for Peanut, Almond, Coconut, Corn and Pollen. He is 60-80% breastfeed, and I do not restrict my diet. He has asthma (episodes when sick), chronic runny nose, and very mild excema (under control right now).    My doc says to feed him foods that he can...
Just wanted to pass this along. My GMIL, MIL, DH and BIL are allergic to all tree nuts (some more than others). They started out as children with little to no reaction and then it increased with age and # of exposures. GMIL has severe reactions to coconut. Please research and consider that he might be allergic to ALL tree nuts. 
Would applying nailpolish onto the back of the jean button help? 
This might be too simple but I used to breath in too deeply and the nasal spray would wind up in my mouth, which was not fun. I am also very ticklish. Maybe you can take a break for a day and get her to try again and tell her to breathe naturally? My doc told me that's all a nasal spray should require. One last thought...maybe you could get a saline nasal spray for yourself and try the monkey-see monkey-do approach? She might like to have you as a partner in her...
I bought a liquid infant multimitamin that I can slip into meals as needed.
  This is bc if too much of the fore milk isn't balanced out by the fatty hind milk, it will upset the baby's tummy and produce green poo. IME My son had this when I started pumping irregularly, causing my supply to be too high and provide and excess or foremilk. It went away once I tamed my pumping habits.  
Bocamom: Follow your gut and take any transitions to new food or milk sources very slowly, with your mind positive, but your expectations low. IMO: My son's appetite for BM is maybe one feeding less since we've started solids, no matter how much I give him. I had issues with bottle feeding my son too. Now that he's older, I've gotten some fun sippy cups and tried to make it very exciting (even though it was only water). He loves trying to drink out of it. The no-spill...
I know many people are fascinated that they fit into a simple birth order model. But, did you have a choice? Do you have a choice for your children? I think so.    I believe that babies are born without a concept of birth order until it is introduced to them by their parents.  I am hoping to raise my children as they are, not as a first born or middle, or baby. I realize that some of their experiences can't be changed. But I want to avoid pressuring the firstborn,...
Mine tends to bite when he's done one one breast and wants to go to the other. 
Keep trying! Now is a precious window of time to build the breastfeeding relationship, so keep trying! I would look into natural and herbal supplements to increase your supply and at the same time, supplement him with formula or breast milk using a lactation aid tube at the breast so that he begins to like eating at the breast again. He will start to associate your breasts with an easy access to milk (like a bottle) and also stimulate your breasts as well.   If he is...