or Connect

Posts by NewBeginnings1

Please help me determine if I have more than environmental allergies.   I am a Caucasian 25 yo. I've had dark eye circles for a long time. I'm wondering if something I'm eating could be a culprit. I do have environmental allergies to trees, pollens, and grasses, but my dark eye circles never subside at any point during the year. I've done shots and pills to try to curb the effect of the allergies, but in the end, it made no difference. Makeup does not hide it well,...
I hope that my response isn't totally off base. You sound like an amazing mother with a very common issue that I struggle with myself. I have hope that you can resolve a few of the issues and also get some sleep!   I had similar morning issues with my husband. Over the course of time I've learned that he missed having time with me and starting off his day with a dose of me got him through a work day. I don't feel up to getting up with him every morning, but when I...
I get a lot of backhanded questions/comments about not starting solids ( at 4 months! ) as well. If it becomes more of an issue I am going to ask them this:   "When you were a parent, who made the decisions about how your child was cared for and raised?"   "I/We did"   "Well then, I think that the least you can do is let me do the same"   or a one-liner   " Do you remember when you'd get a lot of well meaning, but unwanted advice as a parent?"   I...
When I potty him over the toilet, I stand while I hold him against my legs and then when he's done, I lean him back onto my thighs. I hold his legs with one hand and wipe with the other with toilet paper ( or keep a receptacle for dirty cloth wipes nearby). I'm not sure if this will work when he gets bigger. I haven't found a way to make this work with sink or baby potties.    Currently, there's room by my sink to change him on the counter, so I'm in luck there for...
I've had success with focusing on better feeds at night. If we co sleep, he eats more often because I don't encourage him to finish his meal. If I get up and stay awake, I can usually get more sleep and drop a feeding. I don't know what your situation is, but I hope it gets better for you!
Hello August 2010 Moms. My DS1 was born on 8/24. He is huge, about 18 lbs.   I find that my little one does tummy time best when he does it on his own by rolling over himself. When he's done, sometimes he forgets that he can roll back over. He's hit all of the milestones except laughing, which I really hope will begin soon. He is a huge spitter upper still....and I'm sure it will only go away in time to be replaced by drool. 
I think that your idea of trying to offer a feed earlier is a great one to try for a day or so.    Does anyone think that hand expressing for a bit might settle him down a bit? Babies can smell the breast milk and if there is already some coming, he might get less antsy.   Teething... breastfeeding can be soothing or actually painful for teething babies. If you start to feed him before he's super hungry, you could ice his gums or use some other method and then...