or Connect

Posts by cat13

I think it's the first week in August. Not 100% sure if we can swing it financially, but DH is applying for some conference travel grants, so we'll see. :)  
I wanted to share the good news... I get to quit my job in 2 months! I actually like my job, but I'm so excited to have a chance to be a SAHM for a little while, even if I have to find work again in 6 mo or so. DH got a job with the National Park here and starts mid-July. We were going back and forth about whether I should work part time or not at all, and decided to try it out with me not working. I have been meaning to give my notice to my boss all week, but I keep...
Yeah, my periods were very heavy and painful with the Paraguard. I was told that would happen for the first 3-6 months, and then it's supposed to taper off a bit, but I decided to get it removed and get the Mirena instead. Keep in mind that the Mirena has a very small amount of hormones compared to the Pill, so some women who can't take the pill find that Mirena works well for them. Putting money aside, you can always try it out and have it removed if you don't like it....
I am so sorry you and your DGCs are going through this right now. I think it's wonderful that they have such a loving grandmother to care for them right now. My cousin went through a VERY similar thing as you, her daughter refuses to go into treatment and now my cousin has custody of her two grandsons who are 3 and 5. In the end, she really had to cut her daughter out of all their lives, as it was best for the boys, because she absolutely refuses to go to...
I know! He was never really a happy baby until he could move and explore the world on his own.  
Knock on wood, but we are having a teething reprieve right now. River's got 3 on top and 2 on bottom. When they are coming though, he does seem to have a little pain, but I think the restlessness is worst. He just can't sleep for longer than 30 min without waking up and he gets so overtired and cranky from it. I can see tooth #6 under the gum, so we might be doing this again very soon.    Yay for crawling Charlie and standing Mags! This stage of movement is more...
I LOVE Humboldt! I used to live there for many years, but alas, I couldn't afford it anymore :(   September is the best weather for the northcoast and it could definitely be shorts & t-shirt weather for sure. But, it can also be very cold and rainy, that's just what that area is like. I'd bring jeans/pants and shorts and tops for layering: t-shirts, long sleeved shirt, hoodie or light jacket. Also, bring both sandals and regular shoes. Prepare for rain as well,...
Luckily I've been getting enough milk at work, so I don't have to pump at home. I seriously don't know how I'd do it if he was awake though. I can't even wear my hair down or wear a hoodie with strings on it, or he just makes a beeline to me to pull at it.  
Thanks!
Is the Bali Breeze like a thin, woven material? Or is it like those sarongs you can buy when you are at the beach, because thatʻs what it looks like in the pics?