or Connect

Posts by cat13

4 oz in one pumping session is on the high side of average. I think Kellymom says that an average pumping session is 1/2 to 2 oz total.   For a date night, just figure that your DC will eat an average of 1 to 1 1/2 oz per hour that you are gone.  Since it's not too much quantity, and since defrosted breastmilk is only good for about 24 hours, I would recommend freezing in 2 or 3 oz bags so you only need to defrost exactly what you need.   If you suspect...
Congratulations!
Your DD sounds a lot like my son. He cries more than any other baby I know, but he is also really expressive with his happiness and is so strong willed. Although it does wear you out, I agree that this is a great personality trait to have!
  Sorry if this is a little OT, but I've always wanted to know and never met a DOL staffer before to ask... so if an employer has no employees collecting UE, then they don't pay into UE. But the more employees they have collecting UEs, the more they pay? Thanks!
I'd just keep doing what you are doing mama. Your milk has the power!     Me neither. I always have to express into a cup and then use a medicine syringe to squirt it in the eye/ear/etc.
I agree that it's not the intention of unemployment benefits to help people SAH, but rather to get them a new job and back into the workforce. But it is sad that the US doesn't have a system to support parents very much. My DH and I have been looking into different jobs lately and some of them pay about as much as childcare costs. I guess what I'm saying is, while I don't think it's the "right thing to do" and I'd do it differently, I definitely understand why she does...
I'm feeding a lot less than what an average 8 month old eats. Same here, a little in the afternoon or evening. Maybe some cheerios too if I need to distract him for a few minutes. He loves eating but doesn't actually get too much in his mouth, and it's such a huge mess that I don't want to do it too often. Plus, by the time I get home from work, I'd rather just nurse and snuggle!   I figure it's not a big deal, he's learning to play with food and enjoy eating, so...
I guess I'm the odd one out... DH and I get peed on all the time! I try to hard to minimize the exposed-penis-time, but that boy loves to go when the cold air hits him!    
How big was your DD when she was born? DS fit into his onesize Fuzzibunz and BumGenius right away, but he was a chunky 10lb-er.  
I love the SBP ring slings, if I could order a new one it would be from her :) Or even better, if money wasn't an issue, I'd buy a new girasol wrap and send it to SBP to turn into a ring sling :)   Just note that she often closes her shop for a week or two to catch up on orders. So if you see products but don't see the "add to cart" button, that's what it means.   Also, you may not want an XL size. I have a L size Maya Wrap and wish I had a S because the tail...