or Connect

Posts by cat13

LOL, I think River is such a brute that falling doesn't even faze him anymore. He went through a falling progression of falling straight backwards on his back (we called it "timber" like a tree falling) to falling really hard on his butt (cloth diapers are great for this) to a controlled fall on his butt to squatting down. I swear that he was bonking his head up to a dozen times a day, but there wasn't really much I could do, and now he rarely hits his head.   I did...
Have you tried the milk after it's been defrosted? A friend of mine has high lipase in her milk and it gets a soapy taste to it when it's been frozen, but not when it's fresh.    We tried a bunch of bottles too, I think like 6 kinds. When I say WE I mean, my DH. DS fought the bottle really hard for a long time, but in the end it just took him realizing that he was too hungry to fight it anymore. There were a lot of tears but eventually he took it and now they are...
I'd love to! Unfortunately DH didn't get his travel grant to the conference, so I doubt we are coming to Portland after all. Boo! 
That's a pretty big dip... have you had your first period yet after the baby? I always notice a dip the week before AF, and have been taking CalMag (scroll to bottom) which helps a bit. I've also had good luck with More Milk Plus. How long has this been going on? My guess is that it's hormonal and will go back to normal soon. 
kettle, I get the same reaction from River when he's upset. If I try to get him on my lap and nurse him like that, he arches his back and tries to fly out of my arms!    As for pumping, how much are you getting/how many pumps/how much does he eat? A few months ago I noticed a pretty big dip, but I realized that it was a combination of my supply evening out (I had a bit of an oversupply) and DH overfeeding River during the day. Now I make the exact amt that he eats...
Yes, they ARE turning into toddlers, aren't they? That's why I love looking at DS when he's sleeping, because then he's still my teeny tiny little itty bitty baby boy. :)    We went camping last weekend and had a blast. I think River wonders why we ever spend time indoors afterall, he could be outside all day.    Ready for dinner:        Checking out the hibiscus on the trial:       Nap time!       Snack...
  This. Also, when we were in the "in between" time, I would sometimes put one of his legs out and one leg froggied.   I wouldn't go for a moby or stretchy wrap, as they don't work well for over 15lbs. I also agree that a ring sling is great for this stage and can be pretty inexpensive. If you're willing to go really cheap, but not quite as comfortable, you can make your own no-sew ring sling very cheaply: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/no_sew.html
Personally, I'm not a big fan of my Maya Wrap. I think it's so much more bulky than other ring slings I've seen, and it was harder for me to adjust it at first, compared to other kinds. I also am not a big fan of the pocket, as it makes it almost impossible (for me) to thread it while it's on my body (for a back carry, for example). I also think that SBP shoulders are more comfy for me.   All that being said, I'm keeping my Maya because it works and the other kinds...
I don't think the problem is spoons or not, breastfeeding or not, etc. It's that your mom is not respecting your parenting. Have you talked with your mom about the situation since then? I'd stop focusing on the individual things you are doing and try to get her to understand your need for her to respect your wishes for your daughter. Let her know that you've researched your choices and made them along with your DH and your doctor, and you aren't looking for more input....
My DS was very fussy about taking the bottle, so I know how frustrating it can be. I have a few questions: Who gave the bottle on the times when your LO refused? How long had you been gone? Was it fresh milk, frozen/defrosted or refrigerated milk? What kind of bottles have you tried?