or Connect

Posts by cat13

My dad. He's an asshole, but really has a good heart and he loves me more than anything else in the world. He just doesn't know how to not be an asshole. I think about 10 years ago or so I realized this and have been able to see him as another human who is struggling just like everyone else, in their own way. So instead of letting our relationship disintegrate, I decided to shape it in a way that we could maintain some relationship. It's kind of unspoken now, but we can...
He's getting a card "made" by DS. He's only 10 months old, so I'll make the card and have DS scribble all over it. I also got a a picture frame with some recent pics of all of us for his desk at his new job that he starts in a few weeks. I also might go buy a popcorn popper, since he and I both want one and it might be a good excuse to get one.  
Can I have it too?! Yum!  
Sorry, I voted before I read your post. I originally voted "no" because I am so bad at carrying secrets and I'd spill in a matter of weeks. But in your situation, I think you should find out.
mareseatoats, maybe you can visit emergingbutterfly and baby Ali V. !  
  Same here. Starting at about 16, I stopped shaving my legs as a 'statement'. Although I have auburn hair on my head, I have very dark, thick, black body hair, so it is very obvious if I don't shave, even from a distance. When I was in my mid 20s, I realized that I was sick of my self-consciousness about my weight and mostly my legs/thighs, so I decided to start shaving to see if it helped. It did, strangely enough, even though I have to admit that I was a little sad...
Those are all so cute, Carrie! The pic of your DH wearing Finn in the boba seriously looks like a Boba catalog pic!    I also love the family pic... it makes me sad when I realize we don't take enough pics of the whole fam, so I always cherish the ones we have. :) 
WTF!!!!??? I know some docs can be stern about vaxing, but that's just an outright lie about it correlating to ear infections!    You should seriously send his office some 'when intact, don't retract' brochures. Or the link to the AAP's page on foreskin: "But foreskin retraction should never be forced. Until the foreskin fully separates, do not try to pull it back" So sad :(    At least you found out about his crazy now when you don't really need a doctor's...
Cakemama, those are super cute, I bet it will be an awesome birthday!    Most of my mama friends IRL are from my Lamaze class (5 of us), and we've been throwing around the idea of doing a joint potluck birthday party at a park or beach in town for all our babies. Just good food, minimal decoration and hanging out with other parents. Most of us don't have family in the area, so I think it will be nice to do something together. River is the oldest by 2-10 weeks, so it...
OK, you all officially encouraged me to get some mesh bags. We have nothing in the way of stores around here, so I got some on amazon. Thanks for the idea!