or Connect

Posts by bsaros84

I have two kids. When my husband and I got married, we knew we wanted a big family. Our plan was to have four children.   With my son, the circumstances surrounding his birth were so stressful, emotional, and painful that I couldn't tell if I had PPD or was just depressed by all of the drama that was going on. With my daughter, I knew something was wrong immediately. When the midwife handed her to me, my first thought was she's so ugly. I had a difficult time bonding...
I also used GEM cloth for my six weeks postpartum. I LOVE THEM!!! I also have a couple Luna Pads which were a complete waste of money...they were WAY too expensive....the lady who makes the GEM cloth is quite reasonably priced and had a very quick turn around. I'd like to buy more from her when I am done EBF my daughter.
Thanks!
What does traditional foods mean? Is that like clean eating?
Hey ladies...   I'm a lurker in this thread as I don't have dreadlocks but I am thinking of getting some when my hair is longer (so probably next year). I was just wondering, how often do you all wash your hair? I currently use a baking soda wash every week and a half and use ACV for a rinse on off days.    I'm also a runner and run 3-4 days a week. Would that impact how often I'd wash?    Sorry if these questions are dumb or beating a dead horse even...I'm...
OMG...DS has a Mr. Potatohead and the parts have been lying around the house. Yesterday I caught him shoving the arm up his nose and I told him not to do that anymore. Well today I had forgotten about it, found the arm, and to make him laugh, stuck it in my mouth. I remembered about the nose when he took it away and shoved it up his nose. GROOOOOOSSSSSSS!!! I think I need to go rinse with mouthwash like a million times....
Oooh, I really want to try this. I've heard it's such a great workout and I kind of need something low impact but still tough b/c my recovery from having a baby is going really slowly (I'm 3 mo. pp). What kind of snowshoes did you get (brand, I mean)? 
JayGee--that SUCKS!!! And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect your seven year old to sit down and buckle up and behave themselves. I wouldn't worry about that lady either. If she saw the whole thing, she probably didn't blame you one bit. If it makes you feel any better, one time my DS open handed me across the face and without even thinking, I returned the compliment. I felt HORRIBLE afterwards, like the worst mom in the world, but my mom told me not to beat...
Hmmm, I never thought of going to a chiropractor. I might have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestions!!
Ugh, I ran for 2.67 miles today. GOOD because I increased my mileage. UGH because my stupid pubic symphisis (spelling?) is still bothering me (just had a baby 3 months ago). It doesn't hurt enough to bench me but it's enough to be annoying and to concern me because I have a 4.5 mile race in March that I want to do. There's so much that I want to do this summer and I'm afraid I won't be able to do it because sometimes I feel like my body is never going to heal. I'm soooo...