or Connect

Posts by JoyfulMama2be

Hey ladies, I haven't been here in a long while! I have two daughters, my first was a traumatic hospital birth and my second was with midwives, all natural, but in the hospital. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby :-)   I have been planning a UC this entire pregnancy because I feel strongly it is the right choice and I feel finally prepared to do it emotionally and physically. I have been going to an OB practice that I really disliked but I was going as...
I definately think that sexual abuse is a big reason why I want a UC. I used to be completely unable to have a regular vaginal exam with an OB, I would shake and cry and panic and couldnt do it. I have managed to get a little better but its still hard for me to have anyone touching me. With my first baby, I made my OB aware of my history but he was not sympatheic and I have had OB's chastise me for being "over dramatic" and "demanding". During my birth my OB broke my...
  Buprenorphine in Pregnancy - Statistically Speaking... 55-94% of babies born to opioid dependent mothers will exhibit symptoms of NAS. There have only been 21 published reports of the use of Buprenorphine in pegnancy. These reports involved the study of 309 infants who had been exposed to Buprenorphine (Subutex and Suboxone) in utero. Of these 309 babies, 62% exhiited NAS Of these 309 babies, 48% exhibited NAS and required treatment (though nearly...
Thank you, I was going to respond saying the same thing. Many people really do think they understand addiction when they don't, and also assume many things about me and my recovery without every having met me. But I try not to let it bother me too much, I know what I'm doing is right for me and my baby but its nice to hear from someone who understands. Thanks again :-)
I hear you about CPS. I would not wait a day btw, if I did a UC I would call my midwives and tell them the baby came and go within two hours after birth. But I know what you mean about being careful. I am drug tested every month, I have been for almost three years and your right that it works in my MY favor so I am always sure that its done. That way I can say, "check the medical records, I am clean and I have been" they can drug test me all day, every day for all I care....
Yes, its a "drug" but its not the same and it doesnt work the same way. Anyway, yes it seems we can just agree to disagree. Many people do in fact use suboxone for life and there is nothing wrong with that,
Thank you!
I have watched your video a few times as inspiration, thanks for sharing it
Actually while pregnant that would put the babies life in danger, or course pre-term labor. They NEVER recommend that, even if using heroin, never just stop and its not recommened to wean, they put mothers on methadone or subutex.   I am not using drugs to stay "clean". I am clean not "clean". And its a medication.    Like I said, how long one stays on it is a personal decision based on how well your doing and if you desire to get off. There isnt any reason to get off if...
also, I am not using drugs. I am taking medication given to me by my doctor, they aren't calling CPS. Its totally not the same thing, at all.