or Connect

Posts by emjg

I'm posting this here, because I'm hoping someone has had experience and can share a success story. Or at least give me a little encouragement.  I am SOOO frustrated, discouraged, and desperate.   I'm about 17 wks preg. with our 2nd child.  I've had a stubborn yeast infection since December, that is resistant to any OTC treatment I've tried.  My doctor has suggested the potentially risky Diflucan as a last resort.  I don't want to do that unless I really have no...
Well.. yes. I guess according to the convention way, I am 9 weeks.  That's never made sense to me, and I usually calculate from conception.  Dr. Sears explains this in his pregnancy book. But, I guess for the sake of clarity and clear communication with health care providers I should stick with their way of doing it. Even though I think it's ridiculous! :)   Anyway, thanks for replying!  I've done some sparkling water and some ginger ale, which I try to avoid because...
Hi everyone!  I'm Emily.  Ballpark something like 6 weeks pregnant with #2.  I wasn't tracking my cycle this time, so I can only guess due around Aug 1, maybe a little sooner.   I haven't had what you'd call morning sickness, aka nausea at all. But the GAS!  Omigosh, it's awful.  Stomach gas, which sometimes works its way through to the other end. But mostly upper digestive.  It's like I've had a dozen cans of soda, and no matter how many times I burp, it doesn't go...
emjs - 31, Due somewhere around Aug 1 with #2  
Hi everyone!  Lurker here with another question.  Forgive me if it's been discussed recently, I haven't been following the forum. What's does your baby's sleep/nap schedule look like these days?  I just cannot figure it out.  Iris has never been a regular napper, but I really want to get her on a schedule because everything I read tells me routine makes for better sleep.  Two naps or three?  How long is your baby awake between naps?  What time does he/she get up in the...
Thanks for the replies! Babycakes- It's not that there's anything WRONG with nursing or pacifier for sleep.  The suggestion from Elizabeth Pantley's book is that baby wakes up more frequently as a result of being put down this way.  When they reach the lighter phase of the sleep cycle and the nipple is missing, they wake up.  So I figured it was worth a try.  If I could get her night wakings down to just THREE I would be happy!   But this isn't working, so I quit.  She...
Hi, all!  I'm a lurker from the DDC who never posted much, but I've appreciated the resource that you all are. I'm feeling really beat down today, because I CANNOT MAKE MY BABY SLEEP!  I take it really personally, I know, but I just need some support, ideas, objectivity here.  I honestly cannot tell if there's something really WRONG that I need to fix, or if this is just typical 5 month old baby behavior. It's gotten progressively worse.  Since she was 3 months old,...
The reason it doesn't work well for shampoo, is because it's SOAP, unlike commercial shampoos, which are not. Soap leaves a residue, which is why your hair seemed oily afterwards.  That was the soap residue, not oil.   Apparently, rinsing with apple cider vinegar will remedy this problem, but I've never tried it.  I'm on the hunt for a natural homemade shampoo that doesn't require either castile soap, or settling for the baking soda solution. Let me know if you have the...
Hi all!  Can anyone give me some pointers?  I love my Moby and have been using it a lot to get things done around the house.  But now that my DD is 2 months and 12-13 lbs, she's challenging me a little.  Maybe I'm not tying it tight enough, or something.  She insists on hanging her head back as far as possible so she can stare at the ceiling/lights.  It makes it impossible to do anything, because I then need to support her head so I don't bash it on cupboards.  She's...
I'm confused by this:  I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant, and I don't have any symptoms of a yeast infection.  But after my husband and I have sex, he has what LOOKS like yeast, the clumpy white cottage cheese stuff, on his penis, from inside me.  He says he has seen some of it inside my vagina. But I've been checking daily with a mirror (because i can't even SORT of see my own hoo-ha anymore) and haven't been able to see any of it,  I have no abnormal discharge, just LOTS of...