or Connect

Posts by green betty

As a baby-wearin' Canadian mama, I skipped the bucket--and deeply regretted it. Just because you have a bucket doesn't mean you have to leave your baby in it to nap or carry it around inside, but it would have been so much nicer to put my son in a warm seat inside and gotten him all comfy and THEN taken the whole seat out to the chilly car instead of putting a tiny baby in a freezing cold convertible seat. Just make the switches from sling to car seat and back right...
I had a fairly invasive LEEP and I was worried about scarring (helped along by a horror-story telling "friend") and my cervix popped right open! My big-headed kid had some trouble coming out so it wasn't an easy delivery, but no problems related to my cervix at all. Sending you good vibes for a great birth!
It sounds like you've tried it the nice way, now it's time for Mama Bear. Personally, I would snatch the clippers right out of her hands, throw them as far away as I could, and get up in her face and loudly say, "I. SAID. NO", then take your son and go home. Let her throw a temper tantrum. That's not your problem. Your son's well-being is your problem, and if she's violating his body (which she is) you need to get in there and protect him. Period. Bullies choose...
Quote: Originally Posted by MangoMommy We recently let our son join and he loves it. It's a perfect fit for him. He loves the adventure aspect, camping,etc. My husband enjoys doing these activites with him. Our den meets at the local elem school and all the boys in his den are from his school. Addressing the above posters-- The den/pack does not make any comments about sexual orientation. It's not a conversation that has even come close to happening...
I live in an area with a less than 1% circ rate and all the doctors know to leave little penises alone. (One of the things I really love about Nova Scotia!)My nearly-6 year old is nowhere near retractable, and that is totally normal. There's a really wide range of normal on this one. Some boys retract when they're 3 and some do it when they're 12, and nothing bad at all happens to them. You're right that your boys will be too old for you to be that involved with...
It goes completely against our beliefs to participate in or support an organization that discriminates against gays and athiests. I would no more allow my son to join the BSA than I would let him join an organization that discriminates against blacks. Would you let your child join an organization that is for whites only? (Even if they did, like, really cool crafts and camping trips?) If not, why do you think gays are less deserving of rights and respect?
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsJewelsRae Sorry, OT but, green betty- I'm curious what province you are in that K is mandatory? I thought K was optional all over Canada, as it is in Ontario (though they say they have a 90% enrollment rate of K age kids), we don't have compulsory ed until 6 yrs old here- assuming that means if they turn 6 before the fall...? Just curious! I'm in Nova Scotia. I think it's pretty ridiculous that it's mandatory...
Quote: Originally Posted by OkiMom (eeks, she actually could have made the cut off for preschool through the school distract from what I was told) Lol! Not to pick on you 'cause I make typos all the time, but this is genius. I'm going to call our the "school distract" from now on.
How long have you been homeschooling? This is our first "official" year, although what we're doing looks pretty much exactly like what we've been doing all along. How old are your children? He'll be 6 in November. What grades would they be in? Primary (What they call kindergarten here; it's mandatory and all day in the public schools.) Describe your homeschooling style in 5 words or less: Interest-based, mutually led, joyous! What's your favorite book or...
Welcome, Livewell! There are quite a few of us Nova Scotians in the nooks and crannies. I'm on the South Shore and I know a couple other MDC mamas nearby, plus several in the city. Where are you?