or Connect

Posts by green betty

How is this _not_ a school issue? It's 100% not applicable to kids who don't go to school. Mods?
I'm a 38DD who developed young. Getting well-fitting, comfortable bras is an expensive pain (these days I pretty much alternate between two Blue Canoe bras), but besides that I've always really liked having big boobs! I think they're very attractive and sexy; I wouldn't trade mine in for a B cup for anything. I've also never found them painful at all--on the contrary, I think having big boobs made breastfeeding a lot easier for me. Since all breasts have about the...
First--hugs! I've been there, with the spottily sleeping in-arms infant. It's exhausting! And having someone you're close to try to talk you out of doing what you think is best for your child is extra stress and pressure when you least need it. Second--I would warmly advise you to stop engaging in this conversation with your parents. You love them and want to treat them well, but you can do that without engaging in a debate over your parenting choices. Instead of...
Oh, well this would explain a lot (I type as the ceiling shakes from my 5 yo boy doing god-knows-what above me). Thanks for the thread, all!
I know how it feels when someone corrects me in conversation and I remember feeling the same exact way when I was a child myself; why would I want to treat someone else's child like that? It strikes me as particularly rude when the child is a guest in your home. My mother stressed both correct grammar and gracious host behavior! In fact, I rarely correct my own kiddo. He learns very well by example and auto-corrects over time, so why mess with what works? We go out...
Good luck to you with the school, OP. I think that's a battle worth fighting, personally--it's disgusting that an organization that discriminates against members of our society based on personal belief or sexual orientation is allowed to recruit through public schools. I once mentored a boy in my UU Sunday school class for his Religion in Life badge. He earned it just before the BSA clamped down on UUs... and they then took AWAY the badge he had already earned! ...
doh!
As someone with a particular loathing for positive thinking, I'm happy to see this thread. So happy, in fact, that I suspect I manifested it with my loathing. I don't conceive of human nature as intrinsically good or evil. It simply is. "Good" and "bad" are social constructs--powerful, important ones, to be sure, but not inherently universal. Whenever I catch myself using those terms, I stop and think, "good for what?" "Bad for what?" Often the answer is...
Aack, I feel your pain. I was in your position 6-7 years ago. It was daunting to have already-moms act like I didn't have a clue because I wasn't a mom. Then I FINALLY got pregnant, and went right ahead and CDed, co-slept, CLWed (to age 4.5!)--the whole nine yards. I've never spanked my child. ( Didn't HB but I wish I had.) And I think that all of it was easier than going the mainstream route, in large part because my kiddo and I have a secure attachment that...
Has he got poop on his penis? I wouldn't routinely manipulate/clean the outside of my son's penis unless it was particularly dirty--getting swished around in the bath daily seems like plenty of cleaning to me. If it hurts when you wipe it but not other times, I would just stop wiping.