or Connect

Posts by green betty

There is a seminal difference between blanket judgement and critical thought. As I mentioned, I live in a very small town--I'm not assuming that the kids I see bullying others were left to CIO, I know that they were because I know everyone and far too much about them, lol! My statement is an evidence-based observation. What's more, it's a logical one. Why wouldn't a lack of consistent empathy in a child's experience (ie being left alone to cry it out) result in a lack of...
Quote: Originally Posted by babymommy2 I didn't circumcise my children, because there was no reason to do it, but I do have friends who have. I can't imagine not befriending someone based on something like that, because the choices they make are their choices to make, not mine. Uh... really? Why do you think it is a parent's perogative to remove part of an infant's genitals in an unnecessary cosmetic surgery that doesn't even include...
I feel ya! I was once sitting in a playgroup talking with a mom I knew from the community. She and her dh had just been to Paris (leaving their 13 month old w/grandparents). I had worked actively on not judging her for taking a trip without the baby, reminding myself that I didn't know how close the child was with the grandparents, that different things work for different families, etc... So I asked her enthusiastically about the trip and she said, "It was fine, but...
If you were designing a breakfast cereal (think granola-y) for a nursing mother, what would you put in it? I'd like it to make a nice gift. I'm thinking oats (obvious, galactalogue), but what else? What fruits and nuts might be best for nutritional support and milk production? TIA for your ideas!
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))and big big hugs and birthday wishes to your dd. And you are not an idiot. It sounds to me like you made a reasonable assumption. Things didn't go as expected. These things happen. Be gentle with yourself, eh?
I think any version of "why DON'T people deviate from the cultural mainstream and devote a disproportionate amount of their personal resources (time, money, brainpower) into doing it" is the wrong question. If it's an issue you particularly care about, then how about, "how can we help the people in our community eat nourishing, delicious food without judging them for doing what they know" instead? This is something I'm working on for my area. Want to eat organic...
Hey everyone, just checking in. I love hearing what folks are up to and seeing your pics. There are some fairly recent ones of Charlie on his blog in my siggy. Nannymom, big hugs on the m/s. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you that the rest of your pregnancy is as smooth as possible. Jenelle, congrats on homeschooling! According to my friends with three or more, it's actually easier to homeschool than to get everyone organized on a schedule that...
I'm really struck by how free my four year old is to speak his mind. He speaks the truth to power like nobody's business. I'm so proud that he's not scared to contradict me or tell me how he feels, even when he knows it's not what I want to hear (and he's even learning how to do it in a pleasant way!) It's so different from how I expressed myself as a child, despite our similar personalities. I remember always being scared to incur parental disapproval/wrath. My...
If you're the one ds is asking and it doesn't bother you... what's the problem, again? Sorry, but it sounds to me like your dh is the one who needs some work on his manners. Why does he feel the need to control the dynamic between you and ds on this issue? Does he ever ask for something in a pleasant tone but without saying "please"? How would he feel if you responded by waiting for five minutes to help him?
Dc (4) wants to be a farmer. We're learning about permaculture together.