or Connect

Posts by knash

My girl will be 1 year in just a week! Hard to believe. She is getting over her first ear infection, which unfortunately lead to a tiny perforation in her eardrum. I was sad but she took it well. She is going to walk soon and clapping is her favorite hobby.   Woke up several times to nurse in the night, but we are also travelling and not in our familiar surroundings.   Glad to read other updates!   Has anyone used probiotics after antibiotics with their babe?
We are about to move to Scranton and would love any pediatrician recommendations. The most important characteristic for me is just spending lots of time with us, even if the wait time is long!   Thanks!
Nope, this odor is expected, though unpleasant!! I had the same question a few months ago. I cleaned it carefully until it came off. It was extremely stinky!
Thanks for the feedback thus far!   The gym has no contract, you just pay month to month.  There is a gym with childcare but it is much more expensive, crowded, and further from home. My baby is exclusively breastfed.   I think I'll go back later and speak with the manager again with some of Habitat's points. It couldn't hurt. I'd still like to go there even if I can't bring my angel babe. :-D
Last night I visited one of those 24-hour gyms that is near our home. It's fancy and open and not crowded. I did the elliptical machine as a guest with my 2-month old giggling and cooing at me in her car seat beside me. It was awesome. She liked watching me and the other activity around us. It has been so rainy and cold here. She wasn't in anyone's way. She got a lot of positive attention from the gym-goers.   Today I went back to sign up to join the club and was...
Thank you all for the personal experiences and advice!
Thank you all for the congrats and advice about the paci question. Still figuring things out, as I expect to be for quite some time. :-) All the best to you with your January babies!
Help me out here, Moms. My newborn is comforted best by sucking, so of course I have her at the breast quite frequently. She is just 3 days. :-D   Did any of you use pacifiers this early? I want to avoid nipple confusion, but I have a few of the Natursutten pacifiers that are shaped like actual nippples. My husband's finger works to sooth her, but I am wondering if I am going to mess up our wonderful latching if I give her the pacifier.   Thoughts much...
Our little girl was born at 1:35am on 1-1-11, the first birth in the area for 2011. Here is a pic: http://media.knoxnews.com/media/img/photos/2011/01/01/010111babyfirst_t300.jpg   She was 8lbs 7oz and 21 inches. We are smitten and thankful for an uncomplicated arrival.   Help me out here, Moms. She is comforted best by sucking, so of course I have her at the breast quite frequently.   Did any of you use pacifiers this early? I want to avoid nipple confusion,...
Maybe this isn't close enough to your grandmother's name, but perhaps...