or Connect

Posts by primipara

I'm on them prophylactically. Switched from Lovenox to shorter acting Heparin last week. Risk runs in my family. Specifically I have tested high for lipoprotein (a) which is not part of the standard thrombophilia panel, it's a genetically controlled variant of cholesterol. It's normally thought of just as a heart attack issue, in which case the targeted level is 50; but the ideal level is 30 or below. Mine was 44. The hematologist already said she would not have to put...
Thanks for your responses! Yes, MW does carry both pitocin and oxygen and is experienced with resuscitation as well. At the overseas clinic where she has been working they haven't been able to transfer anyone to a hospital for the last six months, because the roads have been so bad, so she has dealt with some pretty harrowing situations. I and DH will probably be much more conservative about transferring than she would be. I have no problem doing it if I am simply...
and one more: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22102641 Conclusion Therapeutic doses of LMWH in pregnancy were observed not to be associated with a clinically meaningful increase in the incidence of PPH or severe PPH in women delivered in this hospital.   My midwife has been working overseas in a clinic where almost half of women have some excess bleeding, so she is very very experienced with prevention.    
Not according to these studies, as long as it has been 12 hours between your last dose and delivery:   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18007136 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17443203     "discontinuing Low-molecular-weight heparins at least 12 h before delivery seems sufficient to prevent post-partum haemorrhage."   "Bleeding complications, including PPH and transfusion, in patients treated with LMWH during pregnancy were not increased when compared...
Hello ladies! I am 37 weeks pregnant with my first. She was conceived through IVF after two years of infertility treatments. I was tested for everything under the sun and ended up on blood thinners. My hematologist says my condition is mild, and the studies say that hemorrhage risks are no different whether you are on blood thinners or not. However 2 homebirth midwives turned me down for that. I tried to reconcile myself to a hospital birth and found some great OBs...
It is really great to hear how everyone has their own patterns for weight gain and it is all in healthy ranges. My normal weight is typically quite stable: 5' 9.5'', 160 which gives me about a 23.5 (normal) BMI. I went into this pregnancy at 165 due to several months of hormone shots/fertility treatments. I was totally expecting to crack 200, my mom put on a huge amount of weight when she was pregnant. But I'm now 28 weeks and the needle's been stuck at 176 for the...
  25 weeks...1st belly pic i've posted to Facebook or anywhere!!
I love this thread!  Recommend you all read this book called The Panic-Free Pregnancy. It's by an MD and goes into all the scientific reasoning behind various prohibitions, so you can make decisions for yourself. A lot of this stuff is so overblown!!    Generally I feel great, I have a vegetarian diet full of whole foods and seafood (including sushi) a couple of times a week, take my vitamins, fish oil and calcium every day, and I've been working out 6 days a week...
Thanks for all this info, it is super helpful to hear how different families are tackling this co-sleeping thing.   We are expecting our first and live in a wonderful 1 bedroom apartment, which we love and bought last year. So the stakes are a bit high because how well cosleeping works out, will more or less determine how long we can stay in our place. We received an Arm's Reach co-sleeper for free and are thinking about getting a Pack&Play as well although I'm not...
thanks ladies. I have laid in a supply of chamomile tea and ordered some herbal tincture for mamas.