or Connect

Posts by want2becrunchy

Thank you everyone for your advice and reassurance!  I feel like it would be best for us and baby to switch providers.  I think I am going to call today and set up an appointment with an OB.  I would like to meet her and see how it goes before cancelling my next midwife appointment.  If things go well with the OB I will probably send the midwife an email letting her know that I would feel more comfortable with an OB at this point.  Thank you again!!   LLQ1011-  My...
I have been seeing a midwife since 10 weeks.  I will be 23 weeks tomorrow.  My pregnancy was conceived through IVF.  My husband hasn't really been 100% on board with a Midwife and a birth center birth from the beginning.  I have run into a couple small issues (bleeding at 12 weeks, lack of weight gain).  Hubby hasn't felt comfortable about the way the issues were handled when we have them.   Fast forward to Thursday.  I sent her an email letting her know that I have...
I'm confused why I need to take in a massive dose of sugar if it's not something I normally consume.  It seems like it would make more sense to test me after a normal meal (complete with carbs since carbs turn into sugar).  I'd rather poke my finger 3 times a day for a week then drink a massive dose of sugar. 
When is the glucose test done? Has anyone requested to drink anything other then the drink they give you? I don't eat candy, drink soda, sweets, etc. I even water down orange juice. I'm really not excited about drinking the sugary yuck they give you. I want to do what's best for baby but also hoping there is an alternative. I am seeing a fill in midwife at my next appointment (21 weeks). I don't know if I will see my midwife before I have to do the test. If not I will...
I have been having some cramping/discomfort in my pubic area/lower abdomen.  I've also had lots of clear mucus.  I looked around on google and both of these could be indications or preterm labor (or totally normal).  I felt my cervix and my fingertip fits in it.  It wasn't hard to find.  Is it normal for a fingertip to fit or does that mean there is possible dilation?  I'm only 16 weeks.   I am also having pain/pressure on my tailbone.  I have pain with standing or...
Does any have a fetal doppler that I could possibly borrow for a few months?  I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have yet to feel baby.  My husband and I are nervous and would feel better if we could hear the heartbeat in between midwife appts.  We don't have the funds to purchase one so I was hoping I could maybe borrow one.  I promise to return it!  Our pregnancy was conceived through IVF so I think we are extra nervous.   Thank you very much in advance!!
I third Puget Sound Birth Center!! http://www.birthcenter.com/  I will be delivering there in July with a midwife from Snohomish.  Good luck with your decision!!
Check out Puget Sound Midwifes and Birth Center http://www.birthcenter.com/ . They are a few blocks from Evergreen.  I will be delivering there in July also (if all goes as planned!) with a midwife from Snohomish.     I have not delivered at Evergreen but I too have heard they have a high C-Section rate.  My SIL did have a good experience but she is all for epidurals.  I have heard really, really good things about the birth center (one of the reasons we chose to...
DH is opposed to cloth diapering because of poop in the washer.  No matter what I say, it won't change his mind.  He thinks it gross and says he will buy another washer if I do decide to cloth diaper.  My MIL has offered to pay for a diaper service for the first year.  They will come to our house and pick them up weekly.  They come in increments of 10 (10 being the minimum).  How many diapers would you order per week for a newborn/infant?  For 40 diapers a week (5-6) per...
I got the Whooping Cough booster back in Feb 2012.  I am now 12 weeks pregnant and the OB office said I need another booster so baby will have some immunities.  I am not sure about this.  I plan to vaccinate on a delayed schedule with the baby so I'm very hesitate to introduce anything while in utero.  They also want me to get the flu shot.  Again, I'm very hesitate.   Thank you for any advice!