or Connect

Posts by momof3tobe

Thank you for remembering about my other post about this boy. It was suggested to me that it would be helpful to post in the parenting forum to see if the ladies here had any suggestions and I think that was good advice. His mother told me that this boy has epilepsy and high- functioning autism. I've never said anything to my boys about it because I was afraid they would say something to him that might embarrass him- not in a mean way, just maybe asking him questions about...
Chenchen- thank you so much for those strategies- I think they will be very appropriate for our situation. My boys are already able to recognize when someone is crossing a boundary and come get me when that happens. So what I have been doing in the past is trying to talk to my boys and this other boy all together and help them see what the problem is and what they can do about it. It seems to help my boys but this other kid is like a brick wall- so I'm done with that. I do...
Thank you all for your suggestions. It does make me angry and I wish I could just tell this boy's mother to keep her kid away from mine- a lot of what he does is classic bullying behavior, but it's tough because he plays well for a little while, and then goes too far. Like one time he had a hand buzzer so he was going around to the kids asking them to shake his hand, then buzzing them. It was funny, the kids were all laughing, but then he decided to start chasing my six...
We do have a lifeguard, but he's a college kid and although he's attentive and tells the kids to stop running and no head- first diving and those types of things, he seems a little reluctant to say anything. He's the same kid we had last year so I know him pretty well. I will talk to him though and ask what's the rule here if the kids aren't behaving and see if he can (or we can) come up with something that all the kids would have to follow. Thank you for that idea. It is...
Oh no- I tell him all the time to leave my boys alone(I say the boys need space right now so you need to either find someone else to play with or play by yourself) and he will- until the minute I'm not looking and then go back to bothering them. That's the problem-I'll have my one year old with me so I won't be able to be on top of him all the time. You're right about his mom not being much help. I'm almost at the point of saying to this mom that she better make sure her...
We have a pool in our development that just opened and I'm already dreading taking my kids there. There are a ton of kids in our neighborhood and they all get along great except for this one 9 yr old boy who is a terror. He just doesn't understand boundaries and his mother seems to think that's just fine. The other kids will try to play with him but when he goes too far- like getting too physical, calling names, and generally being mean, they other kids will not want to...
My husband got a vasectomy in december and I am still struggling to come to terms with it. We have 3 kids- 2 boys who are 6 &7 and a girl who is 9 months. My husband was happy with the two boys but I begged for another. Finally he gave in and while I was pregnant with our 3rd he said after she was born he was going to have the surgery. I didn't say much at that time, I was just so happy we were having another and focused on that. After she was born he kept talking about it...
We are there a lot, too. Last night, in fact! If you ever see three kids and a mom obsessed with sand magnet table in the waiting room- that's probably us. I like him, too. My only complaint would be that he's a little too chit-chatty for my taste. But I like the fact that he is willing to explain things to me and answer my questions.
We go to Dr. Levey at Kids Well, too, and we do not vaccinate. He told me that his opinion is that I should vaccinate, but it is also his opinion that I am the parent and have the right to make the decision I feel is best. I've heard from several people that Kressville pediatrics in cherry hill is vaccine friendly as well.
Before we met this boy my son was never in this type of situation- just little stuff like a kid cutting in line at the playground slide and stuff like that. And I worked with him on how to tell the kid that he was next and so on- but this was/is way beyond that. I myself wasn't sure what the best way was to handle it so my approach is to reach out to as many people as I can that may have some sort of insight- like the boy's mother, the guidance counselor, you ladies...