or Connect

Posts by momof3tobe

That is really good advice, I totally get your point. That was how we started with this boy- everytime he would do something in appropriate I would address that specific situation and explain to him why he shouldn't do that. This became a full time exhausting job as I was needing to intervene constantly. The kids were having a hard time effectively advocating for themselves as their first reactions would always be to get upset and yell at the boy. By the way- he is the...
We have a boy in our neighborhood who is autistic (high functioning) and he is a complete terror. He bullies all the kids, calls them names, taunts them, etc. and he is absolutely relentless. His mother is in total denial and everytime I've tried to talk to her about it, she blows it off and says "boys will be boys".  Other moms have tried to talk to her as well and they get the same response. I feel so bad that my kids and all the other neighborhood kids have to deal...
How about you give the two oldest babysitting responsibilities while you are cooking or taking care of the baby? Maybe tell them that you will give them each a dollar if they keep the younger three happy and occupied while you take care of some things. If you don't want to give them money maybe you can tell them if they help out they can choose what's for dinner or where you go on your next outing. I also try to separate my kids if they are together during the day too...
I'm just throwing things out there but I think she might have a severe mineral deficiency. The body requires adaquate stomach acid in order to absorb them and deficiencies in calcium, magnesium, and potassium can cause muscle pain and spasms and behavioral disorders. Some cases of schizophrenia can be linked to severe zinc deficiencies. Not saying she has anything like that but just to point out what an important role minerals play.It could be why she's having pain and...
My husband and I made an agreement not to buy eachother presents. I have no money and everything he makes should go to bills and kids. He knows if he buys me anything I will return it. The deal is nothing- not even a card. Christmas is for the kids and it's a lot less stressful to not have to worry about getting something for your spouse. The first year we did that it was a little weird but after 5 years it's normal and a lot easier. We also have that deal for our...
How do you feel about church? I'm not super religious but I love taking my kids to church. They have a daycare room with loving volunteers that play with the kids while I go listen to the serman and have quiet time to myself. They also have a mother's day out program one morning a week from 9:30 till 11 where I drop the kids off and they get to play with other kids and do activities and I can go grocery shopping all by myself. It's such a friendly and supportive...
My oldest ds is 7 and then I have another ds whose 6 and a six month dd. I give the boys little "jobs" like watching her for 5 minutes in the living room while I do something in the kitchen and I pay them a quarter to keep her from crying. They will dance around and sing and act silly and she will laugh so much! Once they saw that they were able to make her laugh they were all over her- wanting to "baby sit" or hold her on their lap- and getting a little something to put...
I need to second the recommendation for Rizza. My ds saw her for about a year and a half. At his first evaluation he tested in the 3rd percentile but after a year he was re-evaluated and tested in the 58%. She's great- I definitely preferred her over the others- not that there's anything wrong with them- she just seems to have a special gift.
Hello! Right now we live in Medford and I love the schools here. But we are renting and when are lease is up this summer, we'd like to buy a house- but the houses and taxes are expensive here so I was wondering if you know of any other communities that are more affordable and have wonderful schools.
I think separating them is a good idea. My boys are 5 & 6 and they get along well now but last year it was like WWIII here everyday. I got so sick of it! So I started sending one upstairs and making the other stay downstairs the minute they started raising their voices or hitting. No discussion, no trying to work it out, I would just state "separate NOW!" and they would scramble. I made them stay that way for a good while - like 1/2 hour- and most of the time they would...