or Connect

Posts by momof3tobe

I babysat my friend's dd who was 9 months old at the time and I knew she would let her dd cry herself to sleep so when she asked me to watch her I told her, "just so you know, we have a rule in this house that we don't let babies cry- I just can't do it." And she was fine with that. It was only for one day, though. I don't know if she would have felt differently if I was watching her dd on a regular basis but I would still tell her that I can't let babies cry.
My son has always been a horrible sleeper- he can stay up all night and be fine the next day-it's very weird and disturbing- it makes me wonder if there is something neurologically wrong with him. I consulted a nutritionist and she told me it was ok to give him melatonin so I started giving him just a tiny bit- 1/4 of a milligram- and it works like a charm. He falls asleep quickly at 8pm and wakes up refreshed at 7am. He's 6 btw.
Hello! I didn't read all the replies so I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this- but I have a 6yr. old ds who is also a handful and my simple-minded solution was to use money as a motivator.  I got him a piggy bank and told him every time he listened well or helped out, etc., he would get a quarter or sometimes more if what I was suggesting was really difficult for him.  It started out with him asking me "do I get a quarter for that?" all the time and I was pretty...
Hello! I understand how you feel- my first two ds's are 14 months apart so when the second was born I had to find ways to entertain a toddler while taking care of a newborn.  Here are some of the things we did that helped keep my oldest entertained: 1. Gymboree classes- these can be a little expensive but they are so worth it.  You can let your dd run around while you sit on the mat with the baby.  The other moms were always so nice and helpful, too. 2. This is going...
I heard that Chiropractors can help babies with reflux- my 2 mo. old dd has it pretty bad and  I was wondering if anyone knows of any good chiropractors in the South Jersey/ Philly area that treat babies? TIA
I would keep get the extended therapies and then also take him for private PT at least once a week.  Anything that the private PT suggests or evaluates, get it in writing and bring it to the EI services.  Have them all work together to get your Ds the best possible therapy.  You will have pay for the private PT (around my area it's between $50 to $75 for a half hour session and depending on your insurance, it may not be covered), but it would be worth it.  My son...
Hello!  I have a 6 yr old son who had a lot of the same symptoms as your ds- the developmental ped said his speech was "scripted".   It wasn't echolia because he didn't repeat things that other people said right away- but most of what he said was a copy of what he heard others say and couldn't really come up with his own thoughts out loud.  Anyway, that was when he was 2 and 3 and now he doesn't do that anymore- he speaks like a normal 6 yr old.  I think that was just...
Hello!  I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with my third and at my first appointment I weighed in at 110 lbs (I'm 5ft 7in).  My weight has always been a little low but I feel healthy and have plenty of energy so I never worried about it.  The doctor didn't say anything about it either- the only time anyone said anything about it was at my last check-up- I have gained 10 lbs so far and the midwife said I could stand to gain a few more pounds but other than that, everything's...
I live in New Jersey and here's what I did- so far no problems.  I submitted a religious exemption letter to the school even though they were fully vaccinated except for their 4 and 5 yr. old boosters- but I'm just now starting to educated myself on this issue so I need to take some time before I get them any more shots.  So I just didn't submit their shot records to the school.  All they need is that exemption letter.  If you do decide to get any more shots for your...
Hi- I just joined recently and have been reading so many informative posts!  I'm due April 29th with a girl- I have two boys who are 4 and 6 so this is such a blessing!  I have a question for y'all:  I've been reading about the birth plans and a lot of you have written that you will be refusing the vitamin K shot for the baby.  I understand about the Hep B shot, but I'm wondering what the issue is with the vitamin shot.  I've already decided to put this baby on a delayed...