or Connect

Posts by RabbitMomma

I've had a few of these problems too with my two year old. Have you tried doing activities with your son that involve the dog? Things like feeding him, grooming him, walking him that can be done under close supervision and help to build their relationship? I do things like that all the time with my 2 year old and dog, I find it really helps not only to make her feel included in the dog's care but also to sort of give her a bit of direction and ideas of what to do when they...
We travel all the time with our 2 year old who is very active. We usually get her a small toy from one of the airport shops for her to play with during take off and landing, and then after that let her run up and down the aisles to her heart's content! We try to bring small puzzles that she can do and some colouring books with stickers inside. Another fun game that we like to do on the plane is ask the flight attendant for some ice and two cups and let DD play around...
Okay thanks mammas, I read a lot of different experiences where people said the results were pretty immediate so got a little scared! We are eliminating nightshades, citrus, chicken, beef, most beans, gluten, eggs, dairy. Basically everything but rice, lentils, veggies, and fruit! DH is eating lamb, turkey, and duck because he's the only meat eater! I'm not gonna lie, it's really rough!
DH has really bad IBS and after much pushing and nagging, I finally got him to go on an elimination diet. Well, 4 days into it and DH is feeling the same if not worse. I feel sooo good (didn't even think I had a food intolerance but just did it to give DH support), but poor DH has got nothing and is ready to give it up. I was so sure that this was going to solve his IBS, we're both a little disappointed and don't know where to go from here. I'm just wondering if anyone...
Same exact thing happened to us- DD was 6 months old, I put her in the middle of our guest bed and turned my back thinking she didn't learn to roll over yet. She rolled not once but three times right off the bed. Luckily she was fine but boy was it scary. Glad your baby was okay LilStar.We toyed with the idea of putting the bed on the floor but in the end kept the frame and pushed it against the wall. DD slept between me and the wall and then when she got older in between...
Thank you for the suggestions, I had a look on the raw yahoo group and found a few ideas. I'm going to try contacting a few slaughterhouses in the area and see if they can hook me up with some scraps. Our boy's breeder raised him on a partially raw diet, so he never really took to kibble. He is absolutely LOVING the new diet, it'll be really tough if we have to switch him off it so I'm hoping we can make this work!
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some advice for how to go about feeding raw when on a budget. We just switched our 1 year old Great Pyrenees from Orijen to raw, and I am shocked at how expensive it is- we are ATM spending roughly $5 a day on him! I have been to several butchers asking if they have any offcuts or scraps that they could give me, and they have all said no they don't do that. I've scoured the supermarket for the past 2 weeks trying to find cheap...
I have always loved wraps the best, I just think they're so much fun and beautiful. My favourite wrap (I have way too many!) is probably my Ellaroo. It's my first woven and therefore very broken in and soft. The Moby wrap was amazing for the newborn stage, and I also enjoy our Maya ring sling for quick errands and also household chores. Hubby's fave is the Ergo because its easy and super comfy.
I had a really rough time getting enough to eat too when DD was that age (also wasn't much of a sleeper!). I lost lots of weight and am still struggling to gain it back. My suggestion would be to make smoothies with lots of calories that you can easily chug down throughout the day. If making them during the day is a problem, have DH make a few for you at night and you can stick them in the fridge or freezer for the next day. I make a smoothie with avocado, Greek yoghurt,...
I need some serious help with dealing with my family. I live in England and they are in the states so we don't see them a whole lot, but when we do things get really crazy and out of control, they deliberately go against our parenting choices and do not listen to the wishes we have for DD, more specifically with baby led weaning instead of purée feeding. We took a 2 week trip to see my parents in May, and it was horrible to the point where we almost dished out a couple...