or Connect

Posts by averymybaby

I'm sure you're doing lots of reading about preterm labor and all of that, and I am happy you're taking your symptoms seriously and getting checked and taking a proactive course of action. That's my best advice for you - stay on top of how you are feeling and please, please continue to take it seriously. A 30-week preemie is nothing to sneeze at. Please continue to evaluate everything you are feeling and even if you just feel "off," call your care providers, no matter what...
I am just learning about the use of Wild Yam Root capsules or tincture in some cases of women experiencing preterm labor and am interested to know if there is any evidence that continued use through pregnancy is a good idea, or whether it's really just to be used when someone is actually experiencing actual contractions. Since it mimics progesterone, from what I've read, it seems it could be helpful in supporting a relaxed uterus throughout pregnancy. I'll be receiving...
I gave up at 10 weeks this time too. With #3 it's ridiculous how early you pop out! Of course all my mat clothes from both myself and my sister are a little too big because I FINALLY lost a bit of weight after having DS... so now I look ridiculous in all these tenty clothes. I'm more comfortable, but I look silly!
You'd have to pry the lighter out of my hand if I ever found myself within a copy of that book again. A well meaning in law gave it to me with my first and I remember being apalled ... so good for you!
I'm 11 weeks and nursing my 27-mo-old once or twice a day to go to sleep. He's dwindling, but hanging on to those go-to-sleep nursings. It's much the same experience as when I was pregnant with him and nursing his big sister - overall tenderness when latching on but it gets better during actual nursing. Of course I wish these toddlers didn't have teeth but other than that, it's going OK.
omg, taco bell. i have this problem with nachos when i am pregnant. like, a real problem... in that i crave them CONSTANTLY. the entire time. taco bell sounds so good right now. they even have the fake cheese. it has to be fake cheese sauce!! 7-11 comes in second... geeeeeeeeeez. i hate being so paranoid about gaining weight, but i so am.
snow. lots of it. bleh.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of us that have had u/s that early , have had a clear indication or reason for having one - i.e. spotting/bleeding that necessitated checking for a miscarriage or eptopic pregnancy. I know I for sure didn't walk in and say hi, I want an ultrasound at 7 weeks just to see the baby. I guess there are some OB's that have the machine in the office and will do it just because, but if you're seriously considering the "risks" or...
Thanks for chiming in Theresa. Yeah, with Hudson in mid-'05 I guess everyone was just getting around to figuring out the prog. too, around here anyway, thus the issues I had with getting the right dose w/ him (or so I'd like to think it wasn't just general incompetency.. but I'm not so sure!). So you started cervical scans at 22 weeks? Did you ever show PTL prior to that in previous pregnancies? I ask because for instance on the pPROM list they recommend it starting at 15...