or Connect

Posts by skimmilf

oohhh...trampoline is a great idea! I wish we'd had one now.   Another thing I did was sign Ds up for toddler bowling. It got us out of the house every Saturday AM between the ages of 2-4, and it was a nice way to get moving early (830 or 9am I think). It was $4 a week and a lot of leagues offer this. He was in a league. :)
One thing another single mom friend and I thought about when our ds's were little (WRT boyfriends/dating and how it is really impractical to be a single mom with a toddler and have them not be around the person you are seeing) is that children are going to form relationships with other adults/caregivers that may be short term or temporary.   They may have a full time daycare provider, Nanny or baby sitter that they grow very attached to for their early years but who...
also, do you have an indoor rec area? Like with batting cages or a place he could toss or kick a ball?   sometimes the Y has options for this...like a big gym room for kids to play on mats and whatnot, or structured activity, or toddler/parent pool time or swimming lessons. Your city might also have an indoor pool (with scholarships for swimming lessons), or sometimes you can pay a low rate at a hotel to use their pool all winter.
ahh.....cabin fever with the frustrated toddler. I know it well.   We lived downtown and had no yard, which wa sno big deal in the summer since he was at great daycare with a great play yard, and we went to the beach every weekend.   In the winter though....bleh.   We bought a pass to the children's museum, which had a toddler area and other stuff. If I let him play in the toddler area (soft, cushiony stuff and all closed in, I could sit on a bench and read...
I am a single parent, have been Ds's whole life (he is 12).   A couple summers ago when he went to spend the summer with his dad, Charles (the dad) had a new gf. I had never met her, found out most stuff I knew about her from her myspace page, FFS. She had moved from a different state to be with Charles. I wondered how it would go, and honestly I was freaked out....mostly about if Ds was going to have enough of his dad's attention, if there was enough room in the...
Oaktreemama, what's nice is that you have natural boundries you CAN fall back on to keep it to what you feel comfortable with.   doesn't matter if she thinks he needs to be around other people more or not. He's YOUR baby. It matters what you think about that.   But yeah, if she brings it up again you can always fall back on the smoking. I'd even say you could tell her your pediatrician discussed smoking adults at your last visit or whatever, and say you were...
Mars Melton kind of sounds like a superhero from one of the superhero comics.   Now, I like Warren Mars Melton....I think that sounds great!
There is a ton of things to do there other then roller coasters/fast rides. Those a very small part of the park. I know several people who have gone while pregnant and while they did not ride the intense rides, had a great time.   The last time I went was with my scardy-cat son, then 11, who wont go on so much as a log ride, and another adult and child who don't do any kind of rollercoasters either. We stayed a week, had plenty to do, and did not go a single roller...
I know. :)   ZEUS is Greek, it's another 4 letter 1 syllable name based in popular mythology, that's all.   btw, would you share your last name or tell us something about it? Does Mars sound good with it?   Also, my Ds's name is Dominic Wolfgang Wallace. I put the unique name that I loved in the middle. I wanted to call him Wolfie (doesn't fit him).
What Laohaire said. Do that.   I hear you saying  you feel treated badly by the cleaning lady. I agree it sounds like she is being disrespectful. Anytime you feel someone you are paying to provide a service is disrespecting you, discontinue using them. It doesn't matter what your socioeconimic status is, you deserve the same respect as anyone else and you are paying this person. get rid of her.   if you still feel overwhelmed, and the remaining 2/3rds of your...