or Connect

Posts by Runningmommy

Hello!!   I'm back from our funeral trip to Pittsburgh.  The kids really did great as it was a lot to ask of them.  My dad rode with us and he actually handled it all really well too.  He doesn't like kid chaos, noise, conversation, etc.  Seven hours each way and my darling husband drove it all with my dad in front.  During the second set of viewing hours my dad says that he wants the great grand kids to be the pallbearers  What?!  My kids haven't even been to a funeral,...
Geo~sorry I didnt' mean to sound negative at all.  I think he is ready and that it is needed for multitude of reasons. :)    Shanti~starting the rip!
Shanti~thanks for asking about the hat.  was going to post a picture yesterday but was already in my animal print jammies and didn't want to change.  I stayed up after every one else so that I could finish it.  After two swatches, both being too small, the hat is TOO  big.  ARGH!!  Eye roll.  thinking of pulling it all out and starting over.  I. want. a. hat.  :)   RR: back on the wagon today and did a HIIT workout of my own.  drinking more water and have cut WAY down on...
Thank you ladies! Gaye, I'm worn out just reading your post! KNITTING DINGOS~If a pattern calls for super bulky (6) could a person use a bulky (5) AND a fine (2) to equal a super bulky (which by the numbers would be a 7....) Wanting to knit myself a hat that fits, lol. Thanks!
Bec-I just read that in the news this morning but didn't know it was in your community. Scary and difficult to wrap my brain around. . Also, sorry about the life, we have had ds2 just couldnt seem to get rid of it but rereading Sparkle's instructions we have been good for a few weeks now and will continue to keep on it as I read they can live on carpet up to 40 days!! All it takes is ONE. Blech. Sorry I've been hit and miss about checking in. Last week between thinking...
Hello dingos. Jayger-so happy you got to see your dad and family and that there are many improvements. Nic-I'm glad that you are heading toward some answers and comfort. RR: yesterday and today I haven't. Maybe later today, we will see. NRR: my 94yo Nana is in the process of passing and I've been driving an hour each way to see her daily. Yesterday was over 4 hours due to needing to pick up my dad who has been bedridden (or bathroom ridden) sick since Sunday. Lack of...
Nic~you know you aren't a nebach, here or other wise!!  Praying you get answers and peace and unconditional love. 
Plady- she's on zuzkalight.com but her last 6 months or so have been paid subscription only. Her old and free workouts are still on bodyrock.tv under tab "workouts". I've got maybe 100 written on index cards that I use.
RR: did a difficult work out from Zuzana Light's originals;  5 rounds took my 25 minutes and I thought about just doing 4 but then my fat gut in the way was a great reminder to push it harder.  Shower earned.     NRR: roads are still super crazy, temps today just creeping up toward freezing makes clearing the ice and snow difficult.  School is cancelled for the fifth day tomorrow due to roads and bus stops and sidewalks are covered with several feet of snow from plows...
NRR:Yesterday it was the furnace (which my hubby and ds1 got to work by midday thankfully!) today it's frozen hot water pipes and some drains, oy!!    RR: not working out without warm water for a shower after.  brrr.   Actual temp outside today is 9* which is WAY up from yesterday's -15 ACTUAL and -45 wind chill.   Jaygee~been so thankful for books on my ipad from the library, reading during this time off has been so great.  Hope you get some books!!   Nic~I agree,...