or Connect

Posts by Runningmommy

Gaye~ I spotted that little reference of "bf" right away but haven't had time to post in days.  I'm with the other ladies that you should put the brakes on having the parents over for turkey.  They have had good ideas on alternatives.  Have fun and let us know how it goes!   Since it was mentioned a few days ago, I upped the water intake tremendously (from nothing it wasn't hard to do, lol).  It really helped with the night time dryness, dry throat issues.  Thank you so...
Thanks for the help ladies!  Sparkle~ I've drank my morning coffee, and my diet coke, and now I'm onto water.  Baby steps!!  I wasn't even thinking about the need for even MORE water while taking the Sudafed.  Attribute that to fog brain.   Nic~I am so totally with you on the winter.  While in Florida last month I mentioned living there to dh.  I meant it.  :)  But alas, our life is in Indiana and it snowed this morning.   Shanti~good luck with the healthy eating and...
ker~exactly with the mouth breathing causing the throat issues etc.  I don't know how to tell the humidity?  Spot on about needing to drink more water.  It's been mostly diet coke (which helps the throat immensely and I love it) and coffee.  Will concentrate on more water, thanks!
Here!   RR: none yet as I've been super busy and still working on getting these allergies in check.  My RP is a respiratory therapist and has allergies and asthma.  She told me that I could safely double my allergy medicine short term to get a hold on the allergies.  Tried it for the first time today and I feel tons better.  CRAZY!  Wondering if I should make an appointment to see the NP about it all?   NRR: bought a car, the one dh told me to get, which is fine.  I...
Shanti~it is hard to believe that our kiddos are getting so grown up.  So happy for your walk with ds this morning, how wonderful!   My step son is 28 and married with our first grandbaby who will be 4 this December.  They are expecting a boy and have had three mid pregnancy miscarriages so we are praying this one holds.  My step daughter is 27 and is married with a son who is one and a half.  My ds1 is 13, ds2 is 11 (acts like he's in his 20's), and ds3 is 9.  I found...
Hi Shanti!   Hello everyone, just popping in to read along and say hello.  Trying to finish up on the last of the laundry today and try to get ds1 to complete the projects that he has neglected for too long.   RR: nothing yet, been run down with this weeks to do list and illness.  Still thinking about "what's next" in the fitness world for me.  :)
Sparkle~thanks for talking me down and about the tips about the cold weather.   Bec~that's how I felt and now I'm here.  bleck!!!  I'm shopping for the car so that I can pick what I want.  He gets to pick his.  He's helping me some in the research and talking about options.  I want to go see them and test drive and then decide.  I agree with the marathon.  My RP can pee while she runs, but couldn't help the poo incident.  I didn't think it could be that bad since she...
RR: does running to the van from the kids' school count?  LOL  I was actually surprised that I could run sans any pain!  Woot! In flip flops no less.  :)  My marathon was a PR of 5 minutes, would have been 9 minute PR if RP didn't  poop her pants and need 2 potty stops because of it.  No joke.  Well, we were laughing about it.  My knees that had been really hurting after the 20 milers had not hurt after this marathon AT ALL.  Weird right?  But heavenly!!  The only pain I...
Yay Mel and drjen!! Good luck Gaye!! I can't believe we did it. It felt like forever especially the last 6. I pleased as punch not to have injuries just soreness. Race report maybe tomorrow. I'm supposed to work in the morning and then spend a few hours at my dads. Right now I'm tuckered out.
subbing!