or Connect

Posts by Runningmommy

Our own forum?? Pretty cool. Plady- I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you couldn't be there. Hugs. Here at the hospital for day two. We are nearing the end. They have removed the catheter, the heart monitor, fluids. He hasn't output anything since yesterday (hence no need for the bag). He has started the apnoea breathing, has a temp, hasn't required any increase in morphine since last night, all signs that the end is near. Dh told me he wouldn't have...
Real-sorry about the argument with sis. Thank you for the support, I'm VERY grateful. RR: ran with ds1 (13yo) biking as I thought it would be a good diversion for him. He is really mourning the loss of his Papa. He told me on the run that he googled "how to cope with the loss of a loved one" and read about the stages of grief. poor kid. NRR: none of the family wants to be there when FIL passes, well MIL is undecided but doesn't think she does. While I understand...
Subbing RR: rest day NRR: news that drs consider FIL brain dead and stopped dialysis. They meet Tuesday about turning off life support.
RR: this is my friend (I'm on the left) who is running the marathon with me. We were thrilled to have finished 20 miles!! 85 degrees by the end. She is more sensitive to the heat AND was on super heavy flow day. At mile 18 we pit stopped at gas station and she was really hurting from the heat so we thought it best for her to call for a ride (we had run from her house). After being in the a/c and drinking lots of water, she was renewed and finished so strong!! So stinking...
Newest achievement, black and blue toe!
Gaye I was JUST thinking of laser hair removal while in the shower this morning, LOL!! What body part are you getting done and how much does it cost? Ill admit that thought was after the "could I afford lipo to my inner thighs and do,they lipo butts?" Musings. Jaygee-cool to hear about all three of your kiddos biking that far, I'd love for ds1 to do it. I need to get his bike some drink holders. RR: not quite 6 miles with ds biking in the 9 o'clock hour of SCORCHING...
Plady-my heart goes out to you with the sugar. You might remember we have a sugar binger in the house and we have to keep the pantry under lock and key. . Ds2 sneaks into my room with my permission, in the 5 o'clock our to get the keys for his breakfast with the strict instructions of locking the pantry back up. I know your instance was one time candy bought, but just offering commiseration. Hugs!! I hope Kerc is right with an easy fix. My ds2 is on the chubby side and...
Geo -I love your post!! So funny!! RR:none today, but yoga is planned along with house cleaning (done with vigor can count for exercise, right?). NRR: FIL is almost off meds and is expected to "wake up" in the next few days so family is waiting on pins and needles. No clue what to expect as they didn't do the brain scan any of the times they were requested. He did not respond to pain stimuli today which doesn't sound good. Husband is trying to steal himself for all the...
RR: 3 something miles while ds1 rode his bike. He was in heaven. He wants to join us on our 20 miler if we didn't have to start so early. How far is too much for 13yo?
Unfortunately body glide doesn't seem to help me during runs I did try it after on this chaffing (it has aloe in it plus I thought might prevent further issues) but it didn't help.